[MV]Best way for battle animations to play while char is invis? Ideas?

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys. What do you think would be the most efficient way to have the player characters go invisible right before the battle animation for that skill plays (since the animation page will have the character in it preforming the animation.) Then making them visible again? I know I can use eventing to change the character's battle image to a blank one but is there a way to do that seamlessly with the skill's animation? Would I call a common event before and after? And how would I do about that? Any ideas? I think this also used to be a trick people would use in rmk2003?

Zquence

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am not near my desktop at the moment, but you should be able to make your character fadeout, through the "Transparency" setting - it can both be controlled with the "Movement" event, and if I remmeber correctly, the "Battle Scene" setting.

All this should be easy to access through the event manager.

If you are using a plugin, You'll have to provide which one, and where to find it! Then I may be able to help on that too.

Hope this helped!
~ Zquence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrKaito