FREE [MV] Chronicles of Tiadar - In early development and recruiting team members!

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Title01.png

Please see its original post here for more information and screenshots: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...r-own-character-open-world-fantasy-rpg.94457/

Synopsis
[This is a shortened combination of what is already on its forum post]

Chronicles of Tiadar is an open-world, fantasy roleplaying game with the hopes of providing hours of fun and replayability. Create your own character by choosing your race, class, specialization, and looks. Explore the world of Tiadar either alone, or by choosing one of three factions that will influence the over-arching yet totally optional story.

Teleport around the world map and close the chaotic rifts known as "Arkways" that have been wreaking havoc on Tiadar, spilling in demons from Tiadar's dark sister world, Arkenea. By closing Arkways, you will eventually find yourself at especially powerful rifts known as "Major Arkways" that will take you to Arkenea itself, and an especially powerful demon!

Fight enough of these demons and you might become strong enough to fight the toughest Jintaci in Arkenea, known simply as Amatae's Demon.

Positions & Roles Needed
  • Mappers - High priority - Open
    • Recruiting RTP mappers for now, and parallax mappers for later. We want to get all of the maps in the engine in their basic forms ASAP so we can start eventing and crafting the world inside them. Right now, we want them in RTP format for simplicity's sake and ease of edits and adjustments, for when one of our writers wants to add a shrine for a quest in the middle of a field. Then when everything looks good to go, we'll parallax them all.
    • You will be given the World Map and instructions on how to create the smaller "explorable" maps based on that.
    • If you'd like to map for this game, please PM me with some examples of previous work, and specify if you're applying for RTP mapper (useful early development) or parallax (useful late development).
  • Writers & World-Builders - High priority - Open
    • The world of Tiadar is massive and we want every inch of it to be rich in storytelling! Writers and world-builders will be in charge of of creating side quests, which branch into multiple categories, which we can discuss once you're added.
    • You’ll be allowed to either write your stories and side quests in a document via script/screenplay format (with comments and cues for development), or develop them yourself in a test map. It's up to you!
    • You can create your own characters and quest givers, or write for the characters that already exist!
    • There is a design document with notes on culture and other information about the world to help spark and guide your ideas.
    • If you'd like to write for this game, please PM me with a 5 paragraph essay about... just kidding! If you have examples of your writing or world building, all the better. I just need to see that you're mature and can write or have good ideas for us. If you don't have any samples, we might ask for a quick example quest for us. We won't use the quest, unless you want us to - we just need to see that you can do what you're applying to do.
  • Artists (Skill Animators, Pixel Artists, etc.) - Medium priority - Open
    • We would really love a teammate who was good at making skill animations. We understand this role is sort of split into two - the person who draws the frames, and the person who puts them together. I'm open to whoever is interested!
    • We'll need someone to draw a handful of pixel items such as sideview weapons.
    • I'd love if someone could take over making icons for our skills and items - whether from scratch, by editing existing icons, or using Yanfly's generator, we don't mind too much!
    • If you'd like to be an artist for this game, please PM me with examples of previous work.
  • Composers - Closed
    • Music! Yes! Let's bring Tiadar alive with the ... sound of music... ;D
    • We have a list of "themes" we'd like composed in case anyone finds our project interesting, so you won't need to go hunting for ideas.
    • If you'd like to be a composer for this game, please PM me with examples of previous work.
  • Programmer - Just a dream - Open
    • If you like to program, and this project is interesting to you, send me your ideas! I'm putting Programmer on the list cause a gal can dream, y'know? ;)
    • I am also bashing my head against some of our mechanics to get them to work. I manage to in the end, but it'd be awesome to talk to someone who knows what they're doing.
  • Enemy & Boss Designer - Closed
    • If you're good at coming up with fun abilities for our monsters, we'd love to have you!
  • Skill Designer & Balancer - Medium priority - Open
    • We actually have all of our skills sketched out, it's all a matter of putting them in the database, making them do what they're supposed to do (with whatever plugins are necessary), and balancing the numbers accordingly. Some of this is already done but because my role is being stretched a bit thin (across all the things), I'd love someone to help in this department. :)
    • If you're good at Yanfly Skill Sequences, get your butt on this team.
  • Puzzle Designers - Low priority - Open
    • There will be a handful of dungeons throughout the world of Tiadar, varying in difficulty from simple to complex!
  • If you're good at something else you think I'm missing, just send me a PM! We'd love to have you on board. :)
My Role
I'll be doing everything... except composing and programming, I guess!
  • Team lead, dishing out orders, organizing tasks. It takes a lot of my time, actually.
  • Main developer. I've accumulated all of the plugins we'll be using, designed the battle hud, the world map behavior, Arkway functionality... I'll continue to do a lot of other odd tasks, as well.
  • Primary databaser. I've been working on all of the skills and armor so far, although I'd like to hand this role over to someone else ;)
  • Primary mapper. This is what I want to do, I'm just spread so thin!
  • Primary writer and world-builder. I built the world, now I need help filling it.

What is expected of you?
So we're not crazy people and we know you have a life! I mean, us two primary developers work full time and know the struggle absolutely. We basically ask that you try to keep up, pull your weight, and keep in contact with us. If you end up only writing 2 quests, or designing 1 map, but you're constantly providing feedback and giving us ideas and overall being there, then you are just what we need.

We do ask that all members have some comfort with Discord as that is our main method of communication. We also use a project managing website to keep track of tasks that we will ask you to join, and then we have a Shared google folder for you to spy on all our things. A basic understanding of how computers work would be beneficial, as well. :) And finally, you must own a legal copy of RPG Maker MV.

Okay, well this is starting to sound like a job description! Sorry about that! ;D

Current Team Members
@fallenlorelei - Team lead, developer
@BrandedTales - Co-developer, co-team lead (& organizer!)
@HopeMan - Writer and World-Builder
@soraangel00 - Side-Quest Writer
@gambitben - Enemy Designer
@kaylors - Programmer
@ZackyStardust - Writer and World-Builder
@Deganic - Composer

Why should you join this team?
Uh, 'cause I'm awesome. And nice. And super smart. And did I mention awesome? ;D

Kidding!

You should join because this project is new and the earlier you get in, the more of "you" you can put into the game. Let's not make it my game - let's make it our game!

You should join because you'll have a chance to express yourself creatively due to the open-world concept of the gameplay - there's no strict narrative you need to follow, except for a basic premise and world.

You should join because you think it sounds like a cool idea and you wouldn't mind helping out in your spare time. A chill investment, y'know?

Okay, I think that's it!
If you're interested, send me a PM!

If I don’t respond, just give me some more time. I work full-time and can’t be online all the time. Additionally, I may be conferring with the co-team lead regarding your application.

Last edited:

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We're so excited to have @HopeMan join our team! He will be helping us write our main and side quests. In fact, he's already begun stirring up fun ideas for early game!

Although we're making awesome progress ironing out the kinks and filling in the database, we continue to look for more help, especially mappers and writers! :D

BrandedTales

StoryTeller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, join us! Don't be intimidated. If you are interested in mapping or writing (or most other items), just let us know! Big or small, we can take advantage of whatever you are willing to give!

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We had a frenzy of activity this weekend with the joining of @soraangel00 as a sidequest writer, @DianteC as a jack-of-all-trades mapper/writer/artist, and @gambitben as our enemy designer! Special thanks to Brand for keeping all of us organized and on task. :)

The game has taken a bit of a turn recently as we mapped out the logic behind various mechanics and gameplay features, but I'm excited to say that things are calming down, we're finalizing a lot of ideas, and the ball is beginning to roll!

Still looking for writers and mappers to join our team! I'd also love someone who is gifted at yanfly skill sequence animations! And of course, a composer for unique music would be extremely welcome, although not high priority yet.

Thank you to everyone cheering us on from a distance!

ZackyStardust

Chaos Phantom
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a writer and I think I could help you guys! I'm currently working on my own project (veeeery slowly since I'm all by myself), but helping you would probably help me too. I could make other things, like boss design and maybe do some mapping

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a writer and I think I could help you guys! I'm currently working on my own project (veeeery slowly since I'm all by myself), but helping you would probably help me too. I could make other things, like boss design and maybe do some mapping
Thanks Zacky!! That would be great! I'll send you a PM :)

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like to introduce 3 new members to our team! @kaylors will be helping us out with the programming, @ZackyStardust is writing for us (already got a sneak peak of one of the story quests, very exciting!), and @Deganic is helping us with our soundtrack!

I am so thrilled to have these individuals on our team! To have them work hard on this shared goal is so inspiring :LZSjoy:

We're still looking for more writers and mappers, but also skill designers and now artists! We have a list of icons that need to be created (whether by scratch, by edits, or by yanfly's generator, we don't care too much!) and HUDs that would like prettified. Mine just isn't cutting it!

Thank you so much for your internet in our project :D

kgfan3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. How goes the project?

Kiwipae

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This project has me interested! I should hopefully be free or find time enough to work on it...if you're still interested in people joining and helping out?

I enjoy writing and will provide a writing example if you're still accepting members! I can also help out in other ways if need be.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
sadly I'm not comfortable with discord (due to my autism) but this project seems interesting to say the least. Wishing you the very best!

Darkpiece

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This sounds like a pretty cool project.
How is it going?

caterwaulings

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you still looking for more writers?

BrandedTales

StoryTeller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I believe the project is on hold for the time being!

David Lister

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I believe the project is on hold for the time being!

Thanks for the info. I've been following this project since it was announced, primarily because I had discovered @fallenlorelei 's incredibly helpful YouTube tutorials on parallax maps. Her mapping work is beautiful and I assume that it will be showcased in this game.

Please let us know when the project kicks back into gear. Thank you and good luck!

BlitzMalachite

The Masterminded
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I can help with mapping. Even tough I am a very bad mapper. Can I help? Please??? 'I played Evie's Enchanted Emporium and it was
amazing!"

pavemi95

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, is there any spot left for writing? I'm a writer and I've attended screenwriting classes and courses.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3
Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traviscot