Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes - the error has nothing to do with MV, so reinstalling it of course doesn't help.

Read the error message with my clarifications added: " A (other) Program has caused this program (MV) to stop working"
This means that another program caused the error, one of your background programs, and you have to find out which one was running and blocking at that time.

Common candidates are anti-virus, anti-malware, parental guidance programs or even (happened with Steam-Ace) a video capture program that started itself to record a Let's Play of your "game".
If it was an anti-virus, that action is usually stored in their log - but unfortunately often not in their regular logs, or they would have reported a virus - if the program was stopped without a virus report, then it was not a found virus but an access conflict and you need to find the conflicting program.

Eilwyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It says "A program has caused this program to stop working"

I reinstalled same problem.

Any help?
@Jef299 , did you ever figure out what the problem was? I ask because, for the first time, I'm suddenly having the exact same issue/error message as you are and cannot figure out what the problem is.

I've tried @Andar 's suggestions but with negative results. I've even close several other programs that shouldn't be affecting it to know avail.

Jef299

Fifteen Mush-ups!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've tried shutting down many programs. The one I can't shut down is windows protection and it's anti-virus,
I checked my fire wall and it's an allowed program. I just can't figure it out tonight.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It means you still have another program that is causing this active - not neccessarily the same for both of you.

@Jef299 if there is an antivirus program you suspect and can't shut down, then add the MV-editor to its whitelist to allow processing. Undortunately there are several programs that use multiple whitelists for different parts, and you have to find the list where it is missing.

EDIT:
There is another possibility, but it has a low probability and requires a lot of work, so I usually don't mention it unless every other option has been checked at least three or four times.
That is a damaged windows file conflicting with the editor. That is possible because the RM's do several things in a different way than most common programs (for example, they access their files like a databasing program does, keeping them open all time - which also prevents automatic backups). So you might not get the same windows problem with other programs and Windows might look stable outside the RM.
Problem here is that reinstalling or repairing Windows is several hours of work, and this is an improbable case because most Windows errors like that would cause problems with other programs as well, indicating the need for a new installation long before it becomes a problem for a single program.

Last edited:

Jef299

Fifteen Mush-ups!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I got it working by uninstalling two programs.

One is called Origin.

And the other is called Nexus.

They're game programs I haven't used in a million years. Origin showing up as a BLACK SCREEN should have been my first clue.

Thanks a million @Andar !

Eilwyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks guys! I still haven't solved it but I'll look into both your guys solutions and see if I turn up a solution for myself.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jef299 and @Eilwyn I'm curious what graphics driver your computer has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Popular old italian singer be like: We will win against Coronavirus! Humanity was capable of destroying even the dinosaurs! *cry laughs*
MarioWidjaya123 wrote on kyonides's profile.

I thought they were dead, but I wanted to be certain. :kaoback:
Always kind of annoys me to see people complain about ads in their phone applications because people are too lazy to turn on airplane mode when using them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paojiangya