MV crashes after changing the language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ever since first version of RMMV I've had an "issue" with changing languages when using MV.

I didn't raported back then because I was hoping that this will be solved in later versions, but even now it isn't solved.

The problem is: everytime I switch language in RMMV , it crashes. (I have key shortcuts to change language, CTRL + 1 and CTRL + 2) BUT it crashes only when i'm using the key shortcuts, if I switch them manualy it won't crash. 

So,  only when I'm using key shortcuts to change keyboard language, MV crashes. 

The languages I'm using are English and Romanian , also I'm using Windows 7 and last version of RMMV . 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We can't really help you without more information.

1) What is the exact version of MV you're using? (steam or standalone, and version number)

2) how do you change the language?

3) as part of 2 - how exactly are the shortcuts processed?

4) what error message do you get, or when exactly does the editor crash?

I've moved this thread to Tech-support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

MV-Support is for game development support with MV. Tech-support is for problems getting the editors to run correctly.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
We can't really help you without more information.

1) What is the exact version of MV you're using? (steam or standalone, and version number)

2) how do you change the language?

3) as part of 2 - how exactly are the shortcuts processed?

4) what error message do you get, or when exactly does the editor crash?

I've moved this thread to Tech-support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

MV-Support is for game development support with MV. Tech-support is for problems getting the editors to run correctly.

1. I'm using MV 1.3.0 right now

2. With keyboard shoortcuts.  

3. I seted these keyboard shortcuts in Windows  (how I setted up the shortcuts? from: Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Region and Language\Keyboard and Language Tab\Change Keyboards. From there I added my language and in Advanced Key Settings I setted up the key shortcuts)

CTRL + 1 = English 

CTRL + 2 = Romanian

4. Editor freezes exactly after I switch to other language via key shortcuts.  (For example, the current language is english, I open the editor and simply press CTRL + 2 , it freezes  and after few seconds I get the Windows Message "RPG Maker MV is not responding" and lets me choose if to close the process or wait for it. 

(I tried to wait, but in the end "Wait for program to respond" option dissapears.)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You didn't answer my questions

1) do you have the steam version, or the standalone version?

besides, 1.3.0 is not the latest version, we're at 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 at the moment

2) are you talking about changing the windows language? because there is no way to affect the language settings of the editor itself with shortcuts

those are different things, because the language of the editor can be set independently of the language that your windows operates

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You didn't answer my questions

1) do you have the steam version, or the standalone version?

besides, 1.3.0 is not the latest version, we're at 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 at the moment

2) are you talking about changing the windows language? because there is no way to affect the language settings of the editor itself with shortcuts

those are different things, because the language of the editor can be set independently of the language that your windows operates

1. standalone

I'll try to update but I don't think this will solve anything

2. Then why does this happen everytime I use key shortcuts?  And this happend ever since first release.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2) that is why I asked you how you assigned the short cuts and what they really do - something you still haven't answered. And unless you explain to you how and what language you're changing, I can't even guess what's going on in your case...

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
2) that is why I asked you how you assigned the short cuts and what they really do - something you still haven't answered. And unless you explain to you how and what language you're changing, I can't even guess what's going on in your case...
Um... I'm pretty sure that I said what I did (that thing with control panel) and what languages I'm using (romanian and english)

I said how I assigned the shortcuts, in control panel, but maybe this image will help

What are they doing?

Everytime I press CTRL + 1 , the keyboard language will change to english (IF current language is romanian)

Everytime I press CTRL + 2 , the keyboard language will change to romanian (IF current language is english)

What should I explain more? Can you tell me?  

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So basically you're changing your windows language, not the editor language, and the editor crashes when he tries to adapt to the changed windows language?

That is what I needed to know, because in most cases when people talk about changing languages here, they're talking about changing the MV editor language while keeping their windows language the same.

Is there a specific reason why you need to change the windows language?

If you close the editor befor changing and restart it after a change, does it work without problems on both settings?

Because due to the way the editor handles languages, changing the windows language while the editor is running is something critical, and to find a solution will probably require some testing...

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So basically you're changing your windows language, not the editor language, and the editor crashes when he tries to adapt to the changed windows language?

That is what I needed to know, because in most cases when people talk about changing languages here, they're talking about changing the MV editor language while keeping their windows language the same.

Is there a specific reason why you need to change the windows language?

If you close the editor befor changing and restart it after a change, does it work without problems on both settings?

Because due to the way the editor handles languages, changing the windows language while the editor is running is something critical, and to find a solution will probably require some testing...

I don't think that.... windows language is the same as keyboard language.  

I thought that windows language is the language of the windows system , not only keyboard.

I'm changing only keyboard language, not the windows system one.

And I need english AND romanian (or even more languages in future) for my games. 

I'm planing to make my games in my native language first time and that's why I need this.

When I tried VX Ace, it had no problem with changing languages.

If I close the editor before changing and restart after a change, that change resets.

I'll try to explain: 

If for example, when I'm switching the language to EN, when I'm opening MV it auto-switches back to RO

The only way to switch both languages in MV is to do it manually in taskbar , but it does not work with key shortcut.

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the same problem.
When I change the keyboard language via key shortcuts (from Russian to English), RPG Maker MV is going to crush and doesn't respond.
It doesn't matter, the standalone version or the Steam one. Version is 1.6.2
I don't know why and how it happens.
Also, it sounds funny, but MZ is crashing too in the same conditions. Steam version, the lastest one.

Last edited:

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have the same problem.
When I change the keyboard language via key shortcuts (from Russian to English), RPG Maker MV is going to crush and doesn't respond.
It doesn't matter, the standalone version or the Steam one. Version is 1.6.2
I don't know why and how it happens.
Also, it sounds funny, but MZ is crashing too in the same conditions. Steam version, the lastest one.
I have found a workaround.
Seems like there is some bug related to CTRL + 1 / 2/ 3 (and so on) keys.
Try to change the language via CTRL + Shift if you're using windows 10. This method seems to work fine.

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have found a workaround.
Seems like there is some bug related to CTRL + 1 / 2/ 3 (and so on) keys.
Try to change the language via CTRL + Shift if you're using windows 10. This method seems to work fine.
I'm sorry, but I'm using Windows 7. This thing appeared yesterday (there was no problem before), after updating Avira antivirus or something like that. System recovery didn't helped. I found that Makers stucks even if I'm using PuntoSwitcher.
But I'll try that, thanks.

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's strange.
MV and MZ can change keyboard language ONLY via key shortcuts like Shift + Alt. But it crashes by it. Worse, it's become stuck by ANY system key shortcut, even through Shift + Alt +1 or Ctrl + 1.

I think it's a Windows problem. Not Maker. However, it looks weird that the programm don't allow to change keyboard language by other ways.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Morizel , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you are having issues, please create a new post detailing the problem and solutions you've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...
rux
Someone please help me make my game.
I need someone to volunteer, I am on my knees man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandini503