[MV] Custom HUD with borders?

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Almightypebble, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almightypebble

Almightypebble Villager Member

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, guys!

So I downloaded Hudell's OrangeHUD and all of its add-ons and am messing around with it, but its kinda hard to figure out for a beginner.

I would just like to know if it would be possible to make my HUD look something like this:
    [​IMG]
    I don't mean to copy and paste this HUD, but I would just like to have a border around my whole game with different icons and gauges as shown in the picture.
    From what I understand everything can be done through the plugin options and variables, but I don't exactly understand it.
    So can someone please explain to me how they would go about creating a HUD like this?

Thank you!

2. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First of all, add every picture you need to the pictures folder of your project.
    Assuming you already have OrangeHud enabled on the project, the first thing to do is add an OrangeHudFixedPicture. On this add-on there will be a param called FileName. Put on it the name of the picture you want to use as background (without the extension).
    Now, go to your plugins folder and create a copy of the OrangeHudFixedPicture file. Go to your project and add OrangeHudFixedPicture2 to add another picture.
    Repeat that for every picture you want to show on the screen. There's also an X and Y param to configure the position.
    The next add-on you're going to need is OrangeHudGold - It displays the amount of gold the player has. The only params you need to change are the X and Y, unless you want to change the font settings too.
    If you want to use a variable instead of the gold, you need OrangeHudLine. There will be a param called variableId where you can put the number of the variable that you want to show.
    Finally, you'll need two copies of OrangeHudActorGauge - One for HP and one for MP. With the default settings it will already display the HP of the player. If you want to show the MP instead, change ValueExpression to <mp> and MaxValueExpression to <mmp>.
    This add-on will use the default RM gauges. If you want to use custom graphics for them, it's going to be a little more complicated.

For the small radar in the lower right corner, you're gonna need a plugin.

Almightypebble likes this.
  3. Almightypebble

Almightypebble Villager Member

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the quick response! I'll get on it right away. See how it pans out!

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    FYI in the future this isn't the place for this question. Asking about how a plugin or script works or can be used belongs in the original thread for that script/plugin. For assets not dependant on a specific script/plugin asking how to make an art asset yourself would be Resource Support. Locking this since it's solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.