JayJayIsNotAJetPlane

Call me a jet plane, one more time!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright so I'm sort of wanting a simple, or what I think would be simple for most people just not myself, edit of a title-screen image we already have with another image on top.

The rules say not to be vague, yet the above the vague, but don't worry. I didn't break the rules, yet.

Let's hope I never do.

What I'm wanting is this image, or something like
woman_standing_window_silhouette_scene_posed_black_and_white_sexy-1324637.jpg!d

Overlayed on top of the backdrop, I think called SF_Town, but the image is

Doesn't have to be the exact silhouette I linked, but a female silhouette with the town backdrop.

Tldr; I'm looking for someone to make a title screen with a female in a dress silhouette overtop of the, again I think it's called SF_Town but I linked to it as well, and that's it. I'll just use the Game Title overlay for the title.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No offence, but if it's combining two images and reducing the opacity of the front one, what's preventing you from making it yourself?

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there I had some free time so I thought I would try to help you out here. I'll post what I came up with so far let me know if it's on the right track.

Oh just saw good Porygs post did you want it opaque also?

Attachments

• pcLpnYvl.jpg
    pcLpnYvl.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 14
  • opaque.jpg
    opaque.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 15

JayJayIsNotAJetPlane

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No offence, but if it's combining two images and reducing the opacity of the front one, what's preventing you from making it yourself?

I'm still in the very, very, early stages of learning Gimp. Layering isn't something I can do, it honestly confuses me. No offense taken, it's an honest question. One counter, I was using the first image as more of an example. It could be that image, or something similar. I even mention that in my post.

Hey there I had some free time so I thought I would try to help you out here. I'll post what I came up with so far let me know if it's on the right track.

Oh just saw good Porygs post did you want it opaque also?

OH my god! Thank you so very much. They both look amazing.

How would you like to be credited? I'm thinking of making an area in my project that's basically a credit area with all the credits, as well as a readme file with the credits.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never really learned or studied GIMP to be honest. It just came naturally. I loaded one image, dragged second image in and GIMP automatically created second layer, so any edits I made on the second image did not influence the first one until I merged them. This is where I say experience is your best teacher. Because once you get the hang of it,... You get the hang of it. :D

JayJayIsNotAJetPlane

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never really learned or studied GIMP to be honest. It just came naturally. I loaded one image, dragged second image in and GIMP automatically created second layer, so any edits I made on the second image did not influence the first one until I merged them. This is where I say experience is your best teacher. Because once you get the hang of it,... You get the hang of it. :D

I'm used to Photoshop CS3 sp doing anything other than colour edits in Gimp is annoying and makes me wanna rip my hair out.

JayJayIsNotAJetPlane

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I can't argue with that, gimp is annoying and unintuitive :D

I'll probably try to learn it, once I figure out why the images I was given won't show in the maker. There names are there, but when highlighted/selected.....there's no image.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They are in jpg and mv needs png?

JayJayIsNotAJetPlane

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, that was something I didn't pay attention too. Whenever I get an image, I do the right click save as thing, all files, rename it and change the extension to png.

Maybe that breaks it, maybe I need to save it as is, open it in paint, save again as png? I'll see if that works.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
jpg and png are two completely different formats, so renaming will not help. You need to exactly save them through an image editor.

JayJayIsNotAJetPlane

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
jpg and png are two completely different formats, so renaming will not help. You need to exactly save them through an image editor.

Yup. It was my renaming that broke it.

But opening them in paint, and then resizing by pixels to fit properly, and saving as .png worked. Good to know for the future.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there I'm happy you got it working sorry it was the wrong format I just copied the one listed.:smile: I tried to post it while you were still on yesterday but I just missed you. Let me know if you have any more trouble with it or need it edited in anyway. As for credit you're more than welcome to but it is not necessary. What I did was very minor in the grand scheme. Well I'm off for now, best of luck on your project.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Belphegor