MV Editor Scaling Issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by Proxxie_Desu, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxxie_Desu

Proxxie_Desu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The editor is extremely tiny on my screen.

I'm using Windows 10, have a 4K monitor, and my UI scale is set to 150%. Everything else scales fine, but RMMV's editor remains extremely small.

Unlike some older reports of a similar issue, this is NOT caused by multiple/conflicting GPUs. My integrated GPU is disabled in BIOS and does not show up in device manager. The only thing involved in display is my NVIDIA card.

Other notes:
    1. When I start a playtest, the game scales just fine (i.e., it becomes larger, in accordance with the UI scale).
    2. I am able to make the editor larger by going into the executable's properties (by right clicking) and changing the high DPI settings to have scaling performed by the system as opposed to the application. But when I do, the font looks weird and blurry, and the playtest screen actually becomes really *small*.
    3. This is the Steam version of the app.

System:
    Windows 10 Pro Build 17134
    Intel i7 8700K
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti
    Asus Maximus X Hero (Z370)
    Dell P2715Q monitor

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Kwerty

Kwerty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you post a screenshot so we can see what you're dealing with there?

Thanks

3. Proxxie_Desu

Proxxie_Desu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wasn't able to get it figured out so I went back to using RMMV on my Mac. You can mark this as closed (if you do such things!).

There's not much to screenshot; my system simply wasn't/isn't scaling the editor up, so it was pretty small. I'm not sure what the problem is, but since I've already determined I won't be developing on that machine, I don't want to waste my time or anyone else's trying to solve it. Thank you for the offer, though.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Proxxie_Desu When you want a thread closed, just Report your opening post and ask for it to be closed. Mods may not see an individual post but will see a Report.
    Thanks.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.