Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,
I am searching a plugin who can make an event as a "region id" or basically switch the region of a set of tiles/event.
As an exemple: you will see the water generate bridge when road come across, but water is premade. (and get the region 2in the map set) But to make big structure or generate water, i need to be able to change region id.
Any way/ Idea/ Plugin for it?
(The game is for mobile, so i am searching a way to always got new map...)

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Im not sure i understand, but heres a plugin by Yanfly that allows you to set common events to trigger when passing over a region ID. Maybe this could help you? Hope so.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Region ID is part of the map and as such usually not EDIT able without several changes to the engine.

I think you should take a step back and tell us what you want to do (ingame description) instead of how you want to do that unknown thing.
Because on their own, Region IDs have no functions.

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use region id to set what element can spawn at a location (like road, or a bridge if it is above water) As the number of road generated item is not totally under my control (else i should set 3 bridge max, etc...), I want to detect what event is here.
In the video you can see the bridge, but water is premade on the map, i will like to get her randomized too.
Also if i want to make bigger structure, it will be easier with Region setting 'or something simulating that...)
I do not necessary need regions, but something working like it.

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar I was wondering, when tileset are used as event, their property are copied right? So if either we can set Region property, this should work right?
is it even possible?

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! as the map will be generated each time, it should do the work....

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Solved, the plugin work nice, my road do generate bridge where the region have change...
So yeah.. Soon i'll have infinite map generator.... (Booyah, hun hun..; Who is the best? who is the best?).... Sorry about that.

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So from now, i need your point of view people.
Do you rather like:
Longer process creations (loading screen) but bigger map.
Short process, shorter map???

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jekken