[MV] Face image's don't work.

dagonman

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I launch Character Generator and then go to face image ---> import ---> and choose any face png files (including default ones) it wont let me select any and load it. It seems to be stuck to the default character face and even when clicking other faces, his face just goes over the other images. I have tried reinstalling, completely wiping all files, new projects, renaming images. I need serious help lol.
part 1.PNGpart 2.PNGpart 3.PNGpart 4.PNG
part 1.PNG

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is intended behaviour: the generator is for creating faces/sprites and exporting them, either to a new file or as an addition to an existing file.

You can assign faces to actors in the database. If you're trying to display faces in-game, that can be done via the Show Text command.

Otherwise, what are you trying to do? :kaoswt:

edho08

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I see what you are trying to do. So you want to import faces already exported back into the generator right? Well, as far as i know, you can't. You see, the faces that are already exported are saved as .png right? That's bad news for editability since as far as i know, .png does not save layer information. So, in conclusion, you cannot import already exported faces, char sprite and battle sprite back into the generator. So, why is the import button there? It intended so you can insert your finished char into an already existing file. That is why where ever you click, your generated char is there because the generator is asking you where it should put your generated asset on an already existing file. CMIIW.

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Regarding the post above me, of you want to make it so you can edit a previously made face, make a face, and then click Save Settings and save the JSON file somewhere easy to find. When you want to edit it, click Load Settings and the face you saved will appear. This is NOT the same as exporting. I find this useful when making the same character with multiple expressions, outfits, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips