swickster

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So lastnight before bed I was working on my game, using my Xbox controller for testing, and it was working fine. When I woke up the gamepad just didn't work anymore. Not only that but the Gamepad Config plugin just disappeared from the options menu :/ This is actually the second time this has happened, the first time it was fixed by removing the Save folder from the games directory, but this time that didn't work. So what's the problem?

Edit: THIS also happens with the touch move - the touch doesn't exactly go where I'm dragging/clicking the mouse. It could be related to my controller issue?
giphy.gif

And heres the dev console:
51ajx5.jpg

Edit: I've come to the conclusion that my Xbox controller is screwed and I probably just need a new one. :/

Last edited:

Voltss

Professional Hoovy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So lastnight before bed I was working on my game, using my Xbox controller for testing, and it was working fine. When I woke up the gamepad just didn't work anymore. Not only that but the Gamepad Config plugin just disappeared from the options menu :/ This is actually the second time this has happened, the first time it was fixed by removing the Save folder from the games directory, but this time that didn't work. So what's the problem?

This might seem stupid, but maybe it's a battery issue? Do you have any other controllers? If so, try using more than one and see if the same thing happens.

swickster

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It's actually a corded usb controller so it doesn't use batteries haha

Voltss

Professional Hoovy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's all good man, it's better to rule out everything haha :p

Though I still do recommend trying other controllers if you have them and seeing if it happens with them too.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If your plugin is actually disappearing, that's concerning. Have you ensured that your antivirus software is set to ignore your RPGMaker and project folders? (And deployed projects, if you're using a deployed one.)

The issue with your mouse looks like some sort of zoom issue, since it gets more pronounced the further from the center of the screen you go. Are you using a zoom plugin? If not, did you resize the window? I've never had that problem with a resized window, but maybe it means one of your drivers is out of date?

swickster

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If your plugin is actually disappearing, that's concerning. Have you ensured that your antivirus software is set to ignore your RPGMaker and project folders? (And deployed projects, if you're using a deployed one.)

The issue with your mouse looks like some sort of zoom issue, since it gets more pronounced the further from the center of the screen you go. Are you using a zoom plugin? If not, did you resize the window? I've never had that problem with a resized window, but maybe it means one of your drivers is out of date?
Okay that actually makes sense. And about my controller - it was actually a controller issue. Nothing to do with the engine. Also, do you know anything about those dev console errors? They're kind of bothering me xD

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@swickster Unfortunately, no. There's no stack trace to show where in the program that error got thrown. The only suggestion I can offer is to try turning off your plugins, seeing if it still gives you the error (it shouldn't), then turn on your plugins one by one until you figure out which one is causing it. That still won't really tell you WHY, but at least it gets you closer.

sonny12681

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just get a steam controller. You don't need a plugin or any coding all you need is to connect a steam controller to your computer and that's it. I just discovered that just by chance. My advice is to get rid of the plugin and buy a steam controller. The steam controller doesn't need coding of plugins what so ever.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quant