(MV) Generator Part - Evil Eyebrows

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by jonthefox, Aug 29, 2017.

1. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

So, one of my big problems with MV is that when I try making my own villain characters in the generator, they all come out looking too nice and happy. I'd like a generator part to put in the "glasses" section that would give the overworld sprite and sv battler sprites some mean-looking eyebrows. I think this would greatly benefit the MV community as well! Hoping someone is feeling generous...

2. KaiWeWi

KaiWeWi Veteran Veteran

Greifswald, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany
    First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Problem with putting it into "glasses" section is the limited color options for the villains hair, since the colors for glasses and co aren't really good haircolors.

3. jonthefox

Hmm. Facial Mark then?

4. KaiWeWi

KaiWeWi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hm, sounds a little better ... I might look into it.
    However, it will take some time since I am on a family holiday trip right now :-D

jonthefox likes this.
  5. jonthefox

I actually was able to come up with something myself that I think looks OK (but probably not as good as what you pros could do), but I'm having trouble getting the color option to work. Posted about it in MV support.

6. KaiWeWi

KaiWeWi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    With color option you mean the c file right?
    It should be named like this, of course depending on wether it is the walking/damage/SV sprite:
    [name of the generator part]_c
    example: SV_AccB_p30_c

Depending on how many different color options you want, the c file has the yellowish color for maincolor, a light and a dark blue color for subcolor1 and subcolor2, and a red color for subcolor3. You can just leave the pixels of your original generator part that are pure black (and therefore don't have to be colored) blank in your c file. The background shoud be white.
    You need those c files for walking sprite, SV sprite and damage sprite.

When it comes to the face it's a little more difficult: You need to have every colorable region as a separated picture and name it appropriately. The correct pattern goes like that:
    [name of he generator part]_c(*)_m(**)
    example: FG_AccB_p30_c1_m018

*depending on how many different colors you decided your generator part will have, the last subcolor will be c1, the one before that will be c2, ...
    (if you have three colors, then subcolor2 will have c1, subcolor1 will have c2 and maincolor will have c3)
    **also depending on how many different colors you want, but the other way around. Start with the maincolor. It will be m016, subcolor1 will be m017, subcolor2 will be m018, ...

If you follow that pattern it should work.
    So you don't need those villain eyebrows anymore?

jonthefox likes this.
  7. jonthefox

Yeah, the _c file is giving me trouble. So what I did was, I copied the file, named it with _c at the end, gave it a white background. But in the generator, the "Main Color" option is still greyed out. I'm guessing it's because the file needs to be colorized a certain way? I tried lowering the saturation, colorizing it to all one color, etc., but I can't seem to get the color option to work.

8. KaiWeWi

KaiWeWi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It has to be colored a certain way, yes. Open any existing c file of a generator part which has the same number of different colors as your own generator part should have and copy its colors. The yellow one for maincolor, the light blue one for subcolor1, the darker blue one for subcolor2, the red one for subcolor3.
    Maybe if you can post your original SV/walking/damage picture, I could take a look at it?

9. jonthefox

Ah. Yeah, I'm not sure how to give it the yellowish color it would need then. Here's the file.

Attached Files:

10. KaiWeWi

KaiWeWi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I hope it will work now.
    I used this greyish color instead of the yellowish one since the other glasses also seem to have c files using this color.
    TV_Glasses_p08_c.png

jonthefox likes this.
  11. jonthefox

IT WORKED! Thank you. Wow. What did you have to do to the file to make it work? So the color option only becomes available if the _c file is colored a certain way? I'd love to know how you did this!

12. KaiWeWi

KaiWeWi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't do much actually. I opened your file in GIMP and opened an already existing c file from the generator folder as an extra layer. I used glasses 06 for this. I just had to grap the color and apply it to your file. Then I deleted the extra layer and exported the picture as .png. That's it.

If you will do another one in the future just look at the existing c files of parts of the same section. There you can find which color(s) are needed for your own c file.

jonthefox likes this.