MV Generator parts name Suggestion

Edward.T

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
I read the topic: [FONT= 'Helvetica Neue']MV Generator parts update[/FONT]  from Veteran, and I get the same problem,but I did not lose anything fortunatly.

I tested the "Clothing" parts and found something. 

e.g:

The official parts for Clothes[Generator\Variation\Male] is :icon_Clothing_p23.png

If I named my clothes as:icon_Clothing_p24.png and other parts for it :eg:Face\Male\FG_Clothing2_p24_c4_m007.png

This will  be work correctly in the Generator.

And then I named my clothes  2 as icon_Clothing_p25.png and other parts for it :eg:Face\Male\FG_Clothing2_p25_c4_m007.png

This will  be work correctly in the Generator as well.

Now the problem comes:

And because such kind of parts will be overwritten  by updating,so I tried to named my clothes 3 as:icon_Clothing_p26EdT.png(which EdT is my signature ).

And This can work will in the Variation Window of Clothing , This is perfect!!!

and other parts for this clothes named, eg: Face\Male\FG_Clothing2_p2tEdT_c4_m007.png, which should be showed at the window of Preview,But there is nothing at the Model of the Face.

So,why do not make it possible to be showed at the window of Preview?Then I can named my Generate parts like icon_Clothing_p26EdT.png or icon_Clothing_p101EdT.png, which will never be covered by updating.

And I also try to create a file of clothes at the folder[Generator\Variation\Male] which named:icon_Clothing_p101.png【I believe there will be no more than 101 clothes which updated right?】, But then I get the same problem, be showed at the window of Preview,But there is nothing at the Model of the Face.

So,why do not make it possible to be showed at the window of Preview?

So,why do not make it possible to be showed at the window of Preview,and make it possible for people to add there own signature?!

Sincerely.

Last edited by a moderator:

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try higher numbers for those parts and add numbers that are not being used by other files to be the 1st ones, you have from 3 to 9.

ex:  use icon_Clothing_p901.png instead of  icon_Clothing_p101.png

If you use 1 or 2 on the beginning the generator will ignore the entire number somehow. I had tons of headaches cuz of that, my custom parts started with 1 and had 3 digits and the damn generator hosed me up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gredrick333