(MV) i need the meat textures turned black

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by McBobert, Jun 7, 2019.

1. McBobert

McBobert Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi guys this is my first time posting so i don't know if m doing it right but basically for my project i need the meat textures from the dungeon tileset A1, A4, A5. and the meat/tentacle things from dungeon_B to be recoloured to a black tar sort of look. I tried myself but im not very good at pixel art and it just looks kinda rubbish, i don't really have any way of repaying anyone other than crediting you in the project but even so im hoping someone can do this.

2. eluukkanen

eluukkanen Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    What sort of project you got? Something you work on for fun or perhaps a wider project?

I recommend to ask to pay great artists here to make tiles if it is a bigger project you are working on. Otherwise it is very hard to get someone work for free to make art as it is a timely business.

3. McBobert

McBobert Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    its just kinda for fun as i said it is prettymuch just a recolour i need so getting full blown artists seems like overkill the only reason i havent done it myself is because im terrible at pixel art. and if no one does it then it doesnt really matter since i have found a pretty good backup if i cant get what im looking for

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @eluukkanen The OP is not asking for tiles to be made, but colour to be edited, which is a different thing altogether. Also, please note that this section is for free requests, and it is not appropriate to come in and tell someone to pay instead.

@McBobert It's not clear to me which tiles you are referring to. Do you mean the pink ones? For example, on tab A4

upload_2019-6-7_16-17-35.png

5. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @McBobert if you need simple recolor, PM me, I can help you recolor the tilesin the way you like.
    just give me more details and I will see how to help you out :)

If you have Gimp, Krita, its very easy to recolor it, if your not that good, I will help you out :)

6. McBobert

McBobert Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i was going to just deal with the red sort of flesh blocks but i have kinda had a sudden change of heart and am gonna stick to my guns and go for the black recolour

actually you know what nah i do want that black stuff instead of the regular red stuff i was gonna go with @Kes yes it is those tiles

(man i wish i could delete those last 2 really confusing replies) but to put it simply i would like the red fleshy tiles along with these things from dungeon_B https://gyazo.com/ca25de171ca4acb681882fe1d3f14299 coloured black like tar as i stated in the actual description

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2019
  7. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @McBobert I've merged your posts, please try to not double-post. If you have something else you want to add, just edit your post.

You may want to reword your opening post so that what exactly you want is clear to people without having to read the full thread (you'd be surprised how many people only skim opening posts).

8. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @McBobert How about these? I have done 2 versions, one slightly lighter than the other. If they go much darker than the second version, a lot of the detail is lost.

MV recolour.png

9. McBobert

McBobert Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes These are perfect thank you especially for doing them so quickly XD

10. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @McBobert I forgot to do the A5 tiles. I've now done them, but thought it best to re-do all the tiles at the same time to make absolutely sure that the colour is precisely the same on each component.

So here is the revised tile sheet.

MV recolour 02.png

11. McBobert

McBobert Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kes oh yeah i was so pre occupied with saying thank you i didnt notice. im gonna need to do some manual adjustements on the holes and stuff but you have really helped