MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hopefully I'm posting in the right place...

In my game, I use a higher resolution than the MV default. As a result, there's a lot of vacant space in the Skills option with the default 2 columns.

skillsdisplay.jpg

My request is to have an increased column count (at least 3) so the UI feels more compact and, if you're like me who has skills that comes in threes, can be ordered accordingly for easier readability. I'd also like this to extend to choosing skills in-combat.

Some people may want more than 3 or just 1, so flexibility in column count is appreciated.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
problem is in your screenshots
some of your skill name is very long
if you go 3 column
there will be another problem

MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will cross that bridge when I get there. Names can be changed during development, after all.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Super easy change - you just need to modify the maxCols() method in rpg_windows.js.

I forget exactly what the name of the window is that controls this menu. I think it's Window_SkillList:

Window_SkillList.prototype.maxCols = function() {
return 2;
};

Just change the 2 to a 3.

If that doesn't do it, try Window_ItemList:

Window_ItemList.prototype.maxCols = function() {
return 2;
};

MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tried it. It still kept the same two rows. It's probably conflicting with a plugin I have, or there's something else I have to edit on that file.

Lay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
You have a plugin conflict.
If you are using yanfly skill core, change the numer of column you want directly in the plugin parameters.

MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why yes, I do have Yanfly's Skill Core. It does have the column option. It works when I edit it there.

Sorry y'all. I'm good now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nbayoungboy