anonamix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have large/tall sprites that look oddly close while following in the party. A simple way to change the follow distance would be EPIC. Thanks!

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Increase the empty space between individual pixel models on the character sheets, by increasing the size of the individual characters sheets without the models, then inserting the models into that larger sheet. The program still reads the empty space as part of the character graphic.

anonamix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh I didn't even think of that. Any advise on an easy way to do that? My sprite sheets contain +100 images due to idle an diagonal frames so it will take me a good week with my current way of editing.

Orange movement plugin worked like a charm with the follower spacing feature. But it has since been unsupported and caused me troubles due to it's other features. Anything like that would be incredibly ideal.

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really, something like that you'll have to decide how much space you want between images, then insert them individually into the larger blank sheet.

I had to do the same things when I altered some of the RTP assets from previous iterations of RPG maker into my MV project.

I am sure there are programs that have options like increasing the empty spaces between visible objects to scale the total image, while having visible objects retain their original scale. However, I am not aware of which specific programs do that, & they are probably on the higher end of the price scale. I.e. they are the kind of the programs that the boys & girls in the big studios get to play with.

anonamix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay.. using Texture Packer I was able to recreate my sprite sheet and then add "shape padding" to increase blank pixels around each sprite. Unfortunately I can't get the size right so the actor loads very strange. I feel as if my mind is going to burst lol I have $3 in my paypal for a fix for this :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The size of any spritesheet needs to be a multiple of the single size cell - you can't just use any picture size when increasing size, all single cells need to be the same size exactly.

That said, I don't think this method will work anyway unless the original problem was that the sprites were too small.
Because sprites are placed centered bottom in the grid and sprites that are larger than the grid will always simply overlap.

anonamix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am still wondering if a plugin has been created accomplish this? Or maybe a way to have blank actors in the party, but not show up in the menus?

anonamix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

anonamix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Increase the empty space between individual pixel models on the character sheets, by increasing the size of the individual characters sheets without the models, then inserting the models into that larger sheet. The program still reads the empty space as part of the character graphic.
This did not work in my case.. Maybe a movement or +frames pulgin I have is ignoring the blank space? I added a small white dots in the corner of earch frame and set the dots' opacity to 1%. This has been helping me with tall sprites so far.. Thanks again everyone!

Uranium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@anonamix would you be able to share a sprite-sheet with me for an example.

I am having trouble achieving this with your "corner dot" method

anonamix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uranium

I am still going to experiment with the size of the dot. But here is the corner dot at 100% visibility.. (oops, I forgot to brighten that top/middle dot)

And here is the dot at 1%..

I have noticed the dot in a few very dark areas, but still want to test different sizes.
I hope this helped.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
Oh, Google is now warning users against installing extensions on Edge Chromium
on my plate today- animation.
"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cadenm1223