lookitsRYUU

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! I'm pretty new to RPG Maker MV, and I saw this plugin for player input combo skills!
I followed all the instructions seemingly to a T, but I still can't get the plugin to work. Whenever I press the "Attack" button to pull up the combo skill menu, an attack will occur BEFORE the player inputs any sort of skills. And when the input skills menu pops up (displaying what keys do what skill) nothing happens. I'll press the keys over and over to trigger a combo, but nothing works.

I've provided a couple of screenshots/a video to better display the problem I'm having!

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.27.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.28.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.43.33 AM.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please give a link to the website of the plugin and a screenshot of your plugin manager with all your plugins listed.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can say that the attack coming out first is gonna happen like that. if you don't want the attack first you have to tie it to a move that doesn't do damage or have any sort of "attack" tied to it. basically the default attack is STILL happening first. then you do the rest of the skills. as for why they aren't working... I'm not sure what you're doing wrong because it looks right. I usually copied the plugin from the sample project and copied it's note tag and just changed the skill numbers. but it sounds like you at least already copied the note tag.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think your INPUTNAME = wrong, you use
InputName: "W" and probably should be InputName: "w"

Input name is most likely ALWAYS lowercase, as for the "KeyName"
might be both, but it is showed on screen.

this might be the cause why the input isn't reconized.

lookitsRYUU

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
alright! so I changed the "attack" move to not cause any damage. (or any effect at all really, it's more there to act as a way to take the player to the input combo screen) and that had the outcome I was looking for! But now it also states that the attack had no effect on the enemy, which I'm not exactly sure how to get rid of.
Now for the bad news... when I tried to put the input names as lowercase, the plugin still isn't recognizing my key presses.
Here are some screenshots of the parts I changed!

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.35.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.39.36 PM.png

Last edited:

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd try copying the plugin from the sample project... as in open it and go to the plugin manager and copy that into your plugin manager. instead of WASD, it uses arrows and it's always worked when I did it.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a input migh work as WASD, but if that isn't reconized at all, it might be
thay you need a keymapper first as in "ZE_Keymapper" or "TE_keyMap"
to use full keyboard control if that isn't implented.

but hte inputname is lowercase while keyname can be uppercase,
or both (but upper case is to show, the input is what you need to press,
and should be lower case, otherwise, it need shift + key to work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Make a Game in RMMZ Streams are going to remain in hiatus this week. Too much to do! 4 things will be announced on Monday though! Look forward to that.
Typed a long-ish reply to a post... forgot to actually HIT the post button, and moved to a different page.... finally noticed, don't remember what all I had typed and don't feel like trying to re-type it all.... smh....
Their tactics are evolving. They've learned to call for help when cornered. Never trust a mammal!
Good morning all. I still have a post up on video editing for cinematic trailers. Please make sure to check that out and give me a message as its still active in offers.
Hey everyone! I'm back :D

Snow White? More like Snowhere to be seen amiright? Hahaha I'm so sorry!! :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anselmo00