MV issues with word spacing/kerning in text, everything looks like one big word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I decided I wanted to make my own font using FontStruct. Despite putting max kerning on the space input between each character, the in-game text look too close together.

I'll use the exact same sentence in this example:

This is my font in the FontStruct editor

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 3.37.32 PM.png

This is my font in an in-game message window

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 3.37.06 PM.png

I have no other modifiers in plugins to affect the spacing of the font, other fonts work fine and I want to cry.
angery.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I fixed the issue using a niche feature in the FontStruct editor I didn't know existed! Still a little bit of a mystery the way it previews in and out of MV, I'm not sure why they are so noticeably different.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@RadioactiveArcade , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will close it for you. Next time, just report your post and say it's resolved, and any of the mods will take care of it.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My first game is gonna be a really ambitious one. But it's costing me a lot of money to make lol. it'll be worth it though
Ugh...Guests always put the Ketchup in the fridge....bloody savages the lot of them! :)
daysbetweendatescalculator.jpg
It may be useful for some weird purposes in the game and outside the game.:kaojoy:
I'm taking a break from Game Work to actually play a game (NEO: The World Ends With You) and I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose the drive for my project, since prior to picking up NEO, I'd been doing at least a little bit of work on the project each day ahhh. My brain is very much an "all or nothing" kind of brain, sigh.
bandicam 2021-08-05 15-10-37-143.png
Configuration menu and icons test

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvar