JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, Steam just finished installing MV but everytime I go to create a new project the screen blurs and says "RPG Maker MV has stopped working".   :headshake:  Any suggestions? 

Point08

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
My suggestion would be report this in the official BUG Report thread. They will likely also want a screenshot of your system info, or a summary of it, as that will likely be helpful info.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In a lot of cases where this error was reported, it was fixed by updating the graphic driver - have you tried that?

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In a lot of cases where this error was reported, it was fixed by updating the graphic driver - have you tried that?
No I haven't tried that. I'll see if that works thank you

Edward.T

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
1.reinstall it,not work?

2.delete all of it, reinstall MV. NOT WORK?

3.DELETE ALL OF IT, DOWNLOAD IT AG, REINSTALL IT. WHAT?! NOT WORK AG???

4.what's the version of your os? win xp? 7? 8.1? 10?....how about your drivers?like the one Andar said the graphic driver ?

5.if still can not work, how about reinstall your steam? 

6.well....if still get problem,,,then how about do this: reinstall your OS?

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1.reinstall it,not work?

2.delete all of it, reinstall MV. NOT WORK?

3.DELETE ALL OF IT, DOWNLOAD IT AG, REINSTALL IT. WHAT?! NOT WORK AG???

4.what's the version of your os? win xp? 7? 8.1? 10?....how about your drivers?like the one Andar said the graphic driver ?

5.if still can not work, how about reinstall your steam? 

6.well....if still get problem,,,then how about do this: reinstall your OS?
My system info:

Manufactuer: Dell,

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 3.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I'm reinstalling MV now, to see if this works

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Graphics card information is also important.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Edward T:

While reinstalling the OS is sometimes needed, in cases like this it's usually overkill.

Especially with new software, it's better to check for other incompatibilities and wait a few days to see if there are others who have the same problem.

If several people have the same problem, it's unlikely to be a damaged OS - it's usually either an incompatibility with a common other software, a bug, a user error or something on the computer that couldn't be tested by the programmer (like language-specific settings)

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated the driver but it still doesn't work. Do you have any recommendations for graphic drivers for Windows 7 that will allow me to use MV?

My current driver is:

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated the driver but it still doesn't work. Do you have any recommendations for graphic drivers for Windows 7 that will allow me to use MV?
If the driver update didn't fix your problem, then you have a different cause. Because if that works, it was the driver itself that had a problem and the people reporting it probably all had a similiar graphic card from the same driver series.
Which Windows do you have? I just realised you never posted that info above.

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the driver update didn't fix your problem, then you have a different cause. Because if that works, it was the driver itself that had a problem and the people reporting it probably all had a similiar graphic card from the same driver series.

Which Windows do you have? I just realised you never posted that info above.
I didn't think it was going to be so hard to use MV haha >_>  , Windows 7 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small Companies don't have the resources to test their program on every possible hardware and in every possible windows version (especially language-dependent)

That's why the first days and weeks after release show a number of bugs that depend on specific computers and need additional data to be solved...

MV works fine on my Windows 7, and that is a very old installation years overdue for reformatting. (OK, I'm a professional computer technician and know how to keep my computer going)

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small Companies don't have the resources to test their program on every possible hardware and in every possible windows version (especially language-dependent)

That's why the first days and weeks after release show a number of bugs that depend on specific computers and need additional data to be solved...

MV works fine on my Windows 7, and that is a very old installation years overdue for reformatting. (OK, I'm a professional computer technician and know how to keep my computer going)
So what we you recommend me do for now?  :(

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait - I'm only a volunteer here, that means I have no special access to the programming. And at the moment I don't have a general idea of what to try so we need to wait for the Enterbrain programmers to check their data.

However, if you have a lot of background software running (especially "system improvement/speedup" software, it might help disabling them temporarily - in one case Ace was blocked as malware from an antivirus software, that could have happened in your case (unlikely, but not impossible)

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait - I'm only a volunteer here, that means I have no special access to the programming. And at the moment I don't have a general idea of what to try so we need to wait for the Enterbrain programmers to check their data.

However, if you have a lot of background software running (especially "system improvement/speedup" software, it might help disabling them temporarily - in one case Ace was blocked as malware from an antivirus software, that could have happened in your case (unlikely, but not impossible)
Ok so I'll give it some time and see what happens, if not I'll try and contact them. But thank you everyone for your help, I really appreciate it

Nax5

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I just want to piggy-back off of this bug report. I have the same settings as the original poster.

Graphics: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

RAM: 4GB

I tried updating drivers as well. Steam version and Windows version did not work. When opening the application, it simply stops and says "RPG Maker MV has stopped working". The laptop I am using is about 5 years old. Let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks!

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just want to piggy-back off of this bug report. I have the same settings as the original poster.

Graphics: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

RAM: 4GB

I tried updating drivers as well. Steam version and Windows version did not work. When opening the application, it simply stops and says "RPG Maker MV has stopped working". The laptop I am using is about 5 years old. Let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks!
Try this, it worked for me: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46673-windows-7-having-a-splash-screen-error-heres-a-fix/

Mihaugoku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Well, i have the same problem, but MV just won't start. The splash screen appears, then i get a "RPG Maker MV has stopped working" message box. I did update the drivers, i have Win7, and the link from above doesn't work.

A few details i can add is that MV was working great before, and i did NOT change anything in the folder. It just decided to stop working. And also i got this debug.log file that says so:

[0406/204750:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0406/204750:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()

If anyone could tell me what's wrong, i'd be grateful :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipxenon