MV Mac Deployed game save issue... NOT SAVING!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys,

I am not sure if it's due to the newest MV update (I have the STEAM version) or the fact that I am using MAC Sierra (newest OS) BUT!!!

Deployed MV for the games for the MAC no longer save! You have to download the game from any outside source so that the computer thinks that your game is not from your computer. (I host my game on a dedicated server, when I upload the game and then just download it) When I do the game will not save. If you just deploy the project it will save (considered a native program), so upload to anywhere and download it again.

YES I created a test game, no scripts at all, fresh project (all the latest MV updates), uploaded it, downloaded it, and BAM!

When you click to save the game it just makes an error noise and nothing.... the game cannot save.

This just recently started happening so I cannot tell you if it was the recent update that broke it or my new update to sierra but one thing is for certain, deployed MV games from anywhere else (not native to the computer) can no longer save so for mac users this is a problem.

PS The PC version is fine, just the Mac one has issues.

Thanks!

Last edited:

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That stinks, well, I will be patiently awaiting the update.

Is it a Sierra issue or all Mac OS issue?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
That stinks, well, I will be patiently awaiting the update.

Is it a Sierra issue or all Mac OS issue?
It's mostly how Apple handles software. Part of it is that applications signing. Since I'm not a huge MacOSX user, I do not know how it works in-depth (yet) and I would need to inquire some of my fellow devs.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
@KillerGin I know it would only be a temporary workaround, assuming it works, but maybe give my save plugin a try? It redirects save to default application folders, rather than alongside the MV game. The topic itself has more details on the exact location.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@taarna23 That works! Now my Mac Version saves! Yay! Thanks.

Quick Question.... where can I find the save files now?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
@KillerGin I don't know macs, so all I have it's what is in the save plugin thread. This was info I went digging up in relation to nwjs.

Saves go here: ~/Library/Application Support/<name>

Where that is on a mac is beyond my knowledge. =\

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just curious, I updated my game immediately (and website for the game). It's a great temp fix for the mac version, thanks!

Damhoute

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi ! 1 month later and still no update ? :( Its nice Taarma found an alternative but it would be nice to have the issue resolved soon by RPG Maker

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Damhoute the problem is that for the MacOS, programs need to be cleared by Apple, that always delays things - and we don't know how long it took to find the cause and correct it

Damhoute

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you my friend. Apple better move his butt !!

Tinkerer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
I just had the same problem after deploying the game for Windows. Perhaps this is something that snuck in during an update, because it happened after I upgraded my project to 1.4. I don't know what version my project was before, but it was lower than 1.3.
Anyway the problem occurs after packaging the game with Enigma Virtual Box. Normally when you start up the packaged .exe and save your game, a 'save' folder is created in the same folder as the .exe file. This no longer happens, because the game now expects the 'save' folder to reside in the 'www' folder. So to fix the not saving issue you need to manually create a 'www' folder in the same folder containing the .exe file.

Don't know if this works for OSX, but that solved my problems in Windows.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[necro]@Tinkerer [/necro]

Please make a new topic for your problem, because it is different than the one mentioned here - MacOS works differently than Windows, and this is about the Mac-Version of games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21