[MV] Maps disappearing on left side of screen

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by heroscratch, Apr 25, 2018.

1. heroscratch

heroscratch Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello.

Cutting to the chase-

If I make a new map, close rpg maker, and re-open it; the map is gone. It isn't deleted, because I can still see it in the data folder, it just does not show up on the left hand side where you pick which maps to edit.

I've tried backing up the maps in my data folder, making new maps etc. That method backed up my map once, but doesn't seem to be working anymore. I'm at a point where I'm not really sure how to continue making my game? I can hit test play, and my character can even run around on the map I'm unable to select.

Other changes save correctly. I can change player gfx, names of items, and everything works. I just can't make new maps- if I close RPG Maker and re open it, the maps are gone. (But still show in the data folder)

2. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    heroscratch likes this.
  3. heroscratch

heroscratch Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the reply. I'm on 1.52 or w/e the last stable version is. My project was doing a bunch of other weird things too, so I ended up just transfering all my crap to a new project and it's all working fine now. I have no idea what happened. I think I'll try the fix you linked anyways, though. I'm curious if that would have worked for me.

SauloCVG likes this.