Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
True, the issue is that if one game server is hacked suddenly all are known (although not reeeaaalllyyy an issue as it would take a long time to get at a sha-256 password, if even possible).

Eilios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ironically I'm also working on a very similar project but am just starting so I'm much further behind, using node.js as well. Still trying to get my head wrapped on exactly how I'm going to do it, but should be getting a cheap ol online server and starting this today. 

BenVenn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Amy, how is this going? I'm curious to see how progress is coming along as I too am considering making a browser based MMO built with MV

Eklem

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have years of web development behind me and I've not even looked at the MMO possibilities of MV yet :headshake: I'm unable to work on a system myself at the moment due to work commitments but I'd sure as hell donate/volunteer to your team if such a thing was possible.

Can't wait to see your progress!

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't need it.... I don't need it.... I NEED IT!!!

Haha, very excited! 

Baerthe

Design Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I do not want to be a debbie downer here, but there are several vary well done and working game engines that are free or little cost that already do this. I am not sure I get the point of the project. I mean, yeah it is cool, but is really forcing MV into something it was not designed to be....

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

I do not want to be a debbie downer here, but there are several vary well done and working game engines that are free or little cost that already do this. I am not sure I get the point of the project. I mean, yeah it is cool, but is really forcing MV into something it was not designed to be....

What the actual hell? Talk about elitism and book burner right here lol...

MV Client is a 100% open source. You can do anything and everything you want. There is way too much elitism over the years used on RPG Maker where people keep telling people what they can or can't do. Who the hell are you to even say that?

On a side point it's too bad a lot of the MP Stuff seems to have died or people kept it a bit more closed to their projects now.

Boss

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey Amy pond pls upload your script code pls

Jexxes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Please please please keep this alive, would love to be able to use this! :)

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
one years later..... yep... Fly still fly around here...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After the initial success with one event, I set up four different events on the same map to detect who is in which slot in my current party, and fortunately it managed to work as intended, with the events changing image to match the party members even as I swapped their positions around in formation. This will be a great tool for immersive scene design.
Finally finished the first hand-drawn map! It took me a week, but I'm so proud!
Actual line of code I just had to write for a plugin:

return Object.keys(this._shopStock).map(key => key.split(",")).map(element => element.map(value => Number(value))).filter(key => key[0] === mapId && key[1] === eventId);

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onehitwonder