Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Type: Tiles

Maker Format: MV/MZ

Art Style: MV RTP (MZ is a bit too saturated)

Description: Ok, so I'm going to have two descriptions. A game description and a tile/request description. A lot of artist like to know what their artwork will be used for, and my game, like my request, is a bit special... so I figured I'd let people know how I plan to use their art up front.

Game Description: Originally I couldn't do this and refrained from asking for requests due to the nature of my game... but long story short, I'm redoing my game in MZ and after tweaking a few things I have a version that's more forum friendly. That said, if the ESRB were to rate my game it would still be rated M. Very much thematically in line with GTA, it's not a children's game. There will be alcohol use. There will be adult language. There will be... a lot of stuff, but you should understand what I'm trying to say. If you don't want to create something that would be used in a mature game then this request probably isn't for you. Also, I want to specify that it's mature but there won't be any birds and bee making honey and... eggs, going on in the game. You know? Uhm, that said... I'm making two games concurrently and I might use resources from this one in the other, which is basically this game plus some uh... additional features...... So if that might a problem, this might not be the request for you.

But about the game. Without going into any specific detail about the plot, the aim of the game is follow along the MC as he grows/lives in the world. It's a coming of age story where the MC is given an ability and a choice. He can choose to abuse the power, use it for good, or barely use it at all. Quests/themes in the game will cover various topics like poverty/LGBT issues/environmental issues/numerous other social issues and so on. The MC has three basic paths, positive/negative/neutral, to take and the main and side quests can be handled in any of those three ways. The goal is to, over the course of the game, talk about various topics that hot/current issues and/or things people are usually uncomfortable talking about but we as a society need to discuss. The game is not political, at least not in the sense that it's for any political party, but it will discuss political issues. The game will also talk a lot about sex and topics related to sex/gender. It's not all serious tho, it's still a game and the goal is still to enjoy the story and have fun. I think I have a good GOT/fantasy style story mixed in there with all that serious talk so I hope people will have fun with my game(s).

But, like I said, it's a game that covers mature topics. Notice how I stress that?

Resource Description: As the tittle says, I'd really like some tiles that I could use to make a dispensary tileset. Primarily the weed assets. Plants in various stages of life (sprouts, early veg, late veg, blooming, budding). There are some assets that I could use for sprouts already so maybe they aren't needed but the other stages are definitely needed. The blooming and budding would ideally be done in multiple varieties to reflect different strains. Nothing major, the blooms/buds could just be different colors.

It would also be nice if you made a few tiles of manicured bud and/or bud in jars. I'm not looking for a lot, maybe enough things to cover about 25% of a B tileset. If you wanted to make more, that's great too. But really, I just want a few plants and some buds. Maybe even a bong or two.

Reference Images: I don't have any images to personally show but Weedcraft Inc is a pretty good example of what I'm looking for in terms of how I want the plants to look. You don't need to buy the game, just look at the picture/video to get an idea of what I'm talking about. I mean you can buy it if you want too, but I just need you to see the pictures.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i only know one single charsprite which is a hemp plant that can grow.. it can be found in forum but i couldnt find it again and i wont repost it before i found the source again..

..for other things like buds ect.. i would suggest to use sprites with Glass Jars ,that have green stuff in it.. and when the player use the curser and asks to look at it , i would use real Photo IMGs for the buds that are shown instead of making sprites that cant be detailed enough because of its sizes..

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Journey_Sticks, are you the one who made a hemp plant character set? I vaguely recall seeing something along those lines but am not sure.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Journey_Sticks, are you the one who made a hemp plant character set? I vaguely recall seeing something along those lines but am not sure.
yes that was it.. the imgs can be found here!

thx for the reminder!
can be found ->
@ spoiler "tilesets"
& @ spoiler "animated"

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't forget to include the purple strains! Those are my favorite. :p
Also, I'd advise against portraying setups like in this Weedcraft Inc screenshot:
Sprite-0032.jpg

It's just wrong on so many levels! 1st of all, CFL bulbs need to be MUCH closer to be effective. They also have plants that have just started their flowering stage in the same room as their plants in veg. They MUST be separated due to different lighting schedules. Also, that small plant in the bucket is using a DWC-style setup, which does not transplant well into pots (organic/soil), which the other 3 plants clearly use (well fabric-style "smart pots" to be exact). Those "smart pots" are also very lacking in soil, or w/e medium they're using...it should not be all loosy-goosy like that. They're also too small for plants of that size. The light on the left is also the wrong color. It should either be blueish-white (metal halide), pure white (ceramic), or orange (high-pressure sodium). The one in the screenshot has the color of a typical incandescent light bulb (yellowish-white), which is by far the worst choice possible. Or if it is indeed a CFL bulb, then it needs to be much closer to the plants as I've already stated. I recommend using CMH bulbs (pure white) since those replicate the sun's light spectrum the best. Metal halides are only good for veg while high-pressure sodium is only good for flowering, but ceramics work well for both. Alternatively, they can also use LED lighting, which is a mix of blue/red colored LEDs (hundreds of them).

Sorry for the rant, it just really gets on my nerves when people have setups that are so...incorrect...

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i edited/recolored/frankensprited a bit around on some icons/tiles and on the plant from @Journey_Sticks..

here is what i got:

(i fear that wont solve the quality requirements from
Frostorm .. sry^^)

Extension edit with more buds on the Houseplant from @Journey_Sticks, ..
the more color i do in the buds the more it would lose the details and look more pixelt :/
!$House_Plant Extension.png

Edited Icons & tiles that can be used for whatever:

mary j stuff.png

Credtis and Terms:

Sources are :

Terms are:
free to use, you must own RPG MV, and cant sell or claim this as your "art"..
credits are welcome but not required,except on edits which are also allowed aslong you credit the source (like i did here)
-> i did not sketsch anything i only edited and recolored stuff here..
(if you want to credit me, you can do that as "editor: dopan")
--
.. i know its not much but atleast a bit more than before^^

(and happy new year everybiody)

Attachments

• mary j stuff.png
    mary j stuff.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 4
  • !$House_Plant Extension.png
    !$House_Plant Extension.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm Yeah, that's a horrible setup. I mean CFL's? Really? You'd need like a dozen per plant and as you've said, those aren't close enough. Plus, that looks more like a meth lab than a grow room. Only reason I know what a meth lab would even look like is because of Breaking Bad. IJS.

@Dopan That's right up the alley for what I'm looking for. Thanks!

If anybody knows of anything else I'd love to see that too :)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well i reworked the icon/tile image,added some more boxes&jars and for those who have trouble to keep track of terms&sources.. i added everything to the img^^
mary j stuff Updated.png
@Dope
i hope thats enough for starters, if i find other free ressource art that can be edited to fit in here i will perhaps add other stuff in future , but i cant promise anything^^

Attachments

• mary j stuff Updated.png
    mary j stuff Updated.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 4

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan That's awesome, I can definitely use all of this. I appreciate you looking out and I'll make sure to credit both you and @Journey_Sticks! You've already done plenty but if you do happen to find anything else I'd love to see what you come up with :)

Journey_Sticks

Builder of Stuff
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan That's awesome, I can definitely use all of this. I appreciate you looking out and I'll make sure to credit both you and @Journey_Sticks! You've already done plenty but if you do happen to find anything else I'd love to see what you come up with :)
I don't know if it'd help but I also have the greenhouse in one of the tilesets. I've been playing with it a bit & it's kinda fun. There are a few extra center tiles so you can adjust the width and you can make it as long as you want. I'm of a mind to make a tunnel variation of it that goes 4 directions with corners and T sections for scifi games and such, but that's neither here nor there. I also have a smoking blunt for the generator.

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if it'd help but I also have the greenhouse in one of the tilesets. I've been playing with it a bit & it's kinda fun. There are a few extra center tiles so you can adjust the width and you can make it as long as you want. I'm of a mind to make a tunnel variation of it that goes 4 directions with corners and T sections for scifi games and such, but that's neither here nor there. I also have a smoking blunt for the generator.
Whatever you feel like sharing, I'm happy to try and use! I'm also not in any kind or rush so take your time and do whatever, whenever. Anything cannabis related I can probably use because up to this point I hadn't had any assets for this at all. Again, I appreciate anything you do. It definitely helps me out! :)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
another small update this time i edtied only on the ressource from
Journey_Sticks , in order to add a simple greenhouse, and groups of plants, i used the tiles as well as the char images (edited and not edited) to store all stuff on 3 IMGs..
If anybody wants to make a more complex greenshouse visit the page from Journey_Sticks to find the needed ressource which i used..

my 3edited IMGs might not fit as standart tile but i used the IMG_size of a Tile_img on all 3IMGs, pls rearange the stuff as needed, i tried to let enough room to easyly cut out every img/object..
( this might give more options to make own edits )
For example : make an empty IMG with the same size , put first all plants where they are supposed to be and than copy the empty greenhouse over that Img
->greenhouse can be mirrored left/right like i did it here on the different imgs,depending on where the gate supposed to be..

Attachments

• greenhouse edited.png
    greenhouse edited.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Marry J storage1.png
    Marry J storage1.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Marry J storage 2.png
    Marry J storage 2.png
    644.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Journey_Sticks

Builder of Stuff
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
another small update this time i edtied only on the ressource from
Journey_Sticks , in order to add a simple greenhouse, and groups of plants, i used the tiles as well as the char images (edited and not edited) to store all stuff on 3 IMGs..
If anybody wants to make a more complex greenshouse visit the page from Journey_Sticks to find the needed ressource which i used..

my 3edited IMGs might not fit as standart tile but i used the IMG_size of a Tile_img on all 3IMGs, pls rearange the stuff as needed, i tried to let enough room to easyly cut out every img/object..
( this might give more options to make own edits )
For example : make an empty IMG with the same size , put first all plants where they are supposed to be and than copy the empty greenhouse over that Img
->greenhouse can be mirrored left/right like i did it here on the different imgs,depending on where the gate supposed to be..
Awesome!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
about the Terms, just to be sure that nobody missed to read it on yanflys website:
(which i mentioned inhere as main source allready)

TERMS OF USE from the main source:

Screenshot_3.png

However, keep in mind that even though this is converted for MV, this is still an RPG Maker VX Ace iconset and therefore, it requires you to have a legitimate RPG Maker VX Ace license to use (and only in RPG Maker games). I will not be held accountable for any problems you may incur upon using this resource.

=> thats for the Icons

--------------------------------------

=>for the Greenhouse and Hemp Plants, you need to credit kadakowa
and it would be nice to credit Journey_Sticks aswell ..
here is a screenshot of his Thread:

Screenshot_4.png
---------

( you can credit me as "editor dopan" in both edited assests which can be found in this thread on my postings as attachements,but thats not required ,i am not mad at anybody if you forget it^^)

Journey_Sticks

Builder of Stuff
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd love to see some shots of grow ops if anyone would humor me!

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd love to see some shots of grow ops if anyone would humor me!
Ironically I haven't gotten around to setting up my dispensary and stuff and I'm just sitting on these assets. Once I finish up the current list of things I'm doing I'll start playing around with that map.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while
MythicRuss wrote on gothicvoid's profile.
hi, i was looking thru ur awesome stuff, and was looking around the internet, how in the heckin heck do i get the hiddendoors to open? im addng them to the doors event but they just appear as solid walls, btw am total noob lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiboQuinn