• Total voters

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello, everyone.

We're a lot to find the RPG Maker program very useful, but hard to manage, mainly because the program doesn't include any means to fix a bug with the game currently played. Also, if the notetags allow to extend parametrization of the database, it is very complex to verify if the tags has given foreseen results.

We know also a editor openable during a game will never happen, because it is too complex to install...

In fact, I developed this editor, and it works very well. And it is not the best part : It is possible to extend this editor, according to the plugins loaded AND enabled.

I basically planned to develop my editor and to extend it for all Yanfly's plugins (until his shutdown), and I've developed this plugin for 2 years. For now, the editor can manage more than 20 plugins from Yanfly, until the Job Point Plugin.

But, with the release of the MZ version, I'll speed up its release, and create a MZ version of my plugin. Since it works also on Javascript, the adaptations doesn't be too much important.

Here is the list of the main features of my plugin :
- Let the possibility to open an HTML window in order to edit the currently played game
- When your game crashes, instead of freezing the currently played game, open an HTML Window editor, which displays details of the error, and proposes to open the editor, resume the game, or modify manually with JS commands.
- Gives windows to manage database lists, object parameters (actors, classes, animations, ...) as much as detailed than the original RPG Maker MV application.
- Contains also windows in order to manage the currently played game, as player position, actor state, etc...
- Let anyone to test the results of trait combinations for an existing actor/enemy, of an action with its effects/damage calculation, event command processing, and even route commands.
- Gives some supplementary windows, in order to test/execute JS scripts, check error/results of this execution.
- Can extend the database beyond limits fixed by the RPG Maker application itself.
- Include a extract method, which will convert database object towards JSON files, of the same format as those generated by RPG Maker MV, by replacing existing ones (permanent extract), saving them on a separate folder in your game's folder, not managed when you launch the game (temporary extract), or by making a ZIP file, saved anywhere (free extract)
- The editor, with the extract, will be fully editable, in order to manage other plugins from anyone, whatever the form under which the parameters of these plugins are loaded (plugin parameters, notetags, ...)
- For notetags, a step is included after the full loading of all database objects, in order to erase all notetags managed by plugins made compatible with the editor. The extract of database is developed in order to append parameters under the form of these notetags. This functionality is necessary in order to keep the notebox of all objects as much complete and simple as possible.
- This editor will be available in English by default, but can be translated in any language, and even these translations can be edited according to your wishes.

All these features above are enabled if the editor is itself available. The goal here is to make the development of the game as precise as possible, with the development of JS plugins. When your game is ready, don't forget to disable the editor, in order to prevent any player to find your core database...

But it's not the end: This plugin is also accompanied by other features, probably wanted by a lot of makers :

- The language feature : You can fully develop and compile a game with several available languages, selectable in Option Window. (already done)
- A Window/Scene Editor : Create your own scene/window, by using an existing object from the RPG Maker game's base, of from any plugin or building a scene/window completely new, and define which scene/window will replace basically used scenes/windows. (To be developed)

I cannot say exactly when this plugin will be done and available. It will be available normally at least 1 or 2 months after the release of RPG Maker MZ. But I'll provide some screenshots, and also a video preview in order to show the editor in action.

A last detail : As I take 2 years to finalize this editor, it wouldn't be available for free. I don't know the exact price, but it will be probably between 15 and 25$. That's why I'll add a poll, in order to know how many can be interested.

NOTE : This plugin doesn't allow anyone to load a new plugin during the game : The loading of plugins is always managed by RPG Maker MV/MZ application.
And above all, this plugin wouldn't replace Yanfly plugins, or even any existing plugin : This plugin gives an editor in which the parameters developed by Yanfly's plugins can be directly managed by specific fields (and not by notetags), but these plugins must be always enabled and loaded in your game.

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, i could already see how much of effort you poured into this! Great Job!

Yegitu

artistic goofball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds super interesting, I'd love to try it out. But I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, there will be a MZ AND a MV version, right?
Maybe a dumb question but it's because I'm tired, I guess. xOx"

Volcanods

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello, Yegitu.

Don't worry, This is not a dumb question.

I'll make two versions of my plugin. We know just some informations about the new RPG Maker. But, as there is at least some modifications about animation sprites and system data's, it is nearly sure that the RPG Maker MZ must be using another version of the editor. And as MV plugins wouldn't be compatible with the new program, it will be more simple to make two different plugins.

I don't know whether I'll do, but maybe I'll propose the two versions in a bundle, in order to sell the editor just once...

Kind regards

Last edited:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a great thing for the community! Congratulations! And I really think you should charge for your work as you said. $15 OR $25 doesn't matter. You deserve to be compensated for this. Put the price you want :)
I will look forward to seeing you release it :)

walf_man

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow...This is sounds good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhengdddddd