MV name input has no backspace??

b_princess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone. I'm using MV and when I do name input processing, for some reason I can't seem to find the backspace?? Am I just an idiot and I don't see it or is this rather crucial feature missing?

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone. I'm using MV and when I do name input processing, for some reason I can't seem to find the backspace?? Am I just an idiot and I don't see it or is this rather crucial feature missing?
You can try this plugin here: Simple Name Input Menu (Single Page w/ Backspace Button)

This will replace the 'Page' function and turn it into a backspace button (also removes 2nd page with xtra characters). Hope that helps!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you look up Darkkitten's CmdInp.js plugin that will take care of the backspace thing and add a bunch of functionality to the name input window. it's very easy to use as well.

b_princess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you everyone. and sorry about posting in the wrong place. i am stilll new to this forum and was having trouble finding where to post my question.

b_princess

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you look up Darkkitten's CmdInp.js plugin that will take care of the backspace thing and add a bunch of functionality to the name input window. it's very easy to use as well.
Can you tell me where to find this plugin?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you google Darkkitten CmdInput.js it should come up. it's an old plugin but i found it again by googling earlier this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhikhurana