MV not showing Text or Menus

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by Knackwurscht, May 10, 2018.

1. Knackwurscht

Knackwurscht Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    Hello everyone, i hope somebody is able to help me. After starting the editor everything works for a few moments, but after opening any menu, the whole text disappears. The menus canĀ“t be read anymore, the editor is unusable this way.. any ideas what the reason might be? Any way to fix that? I am using Windows 7. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) part of the editor is damaged and needs to be reinstalled
    2) one of your background programs is interfering with RMMV and blocks some access
    3) you have a conflict between different versions of the Qt Engine, for example because another program that also uses it installed a different version.

3. Dimuscul

Dimuscul Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you manage to solve it?
    I've tried reinstalling, giving admin rights, and everything I could and the menus still show broken half the time.

4. Knackwurscht

Knackwurscht Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    Unfortunately not. Which is a shame, i was hoping i could use the editor on my laptop. I never found out what caused it, either.

5. Krimer

Krimer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    If you are using laptop, and have 2 graphics cards, try to switch to discrete card when using RMMV.
    It's just a random guess.

6. Dimuscul

Dimuscul Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah its becoming quite a chore ... it seems to function intermittently and I have to keep closing and opening the editor to access to certain windows, which only have limited uses before they bug out. A real pain.

Reinstalled the program again. Tried admin rights, compatibility modes with OS and colors thing ... no idea what to do.

Its like when you resize the program and all goes to hell and you must close and open the program again so it really resize to its new
    "format".