RMMV MV Nova Lighting Plugin (For MV and MZ !!!)

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Wow Killer, this is fantastic! An amazing Job! If you will create a good alternative for Terrax Lightning, with more effects, more immersion and more optimization it will be super amazing!!!

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was thinking about this Terrax "lag problem" minutes ago and then see your topic, wow that would be amazing. Good luck!

Kong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I'm very excited about this one.
I think we all would appreciate an update on the progress and when an alpha will be testable (estimated ofc).
Love you :kaophew:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Agreed, this would help many projects to run smoother. Following :)

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok lol So this page will be coming back to life!

Exciting announcements very soon! (Updated Page, Lighting plugin will launch for MV and MZ!!)

So 1 for MV and another one for MZ.

Last edited:

Kauzz

Hello!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome. Keep the good work. :)

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A atmospheric game just needs a good lighting plugin for sure ^- ^
Happy to see some are being made, hope they turn out well.
Yeah well mv lagged even without plugins for the most silly things.
Terrax also had problems as well, mz fixed a lot hope you guys do the same.
So that you plugin turns out better then terrax ever has been, but takes the good things from it.
Just like MZ did from MV and the other engines.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks! The MV version is basically ready! Its super light weight and compatibility with Yanfly Copy/Spawn events is a real game changer (self IDs!)! Especially since lights now have a reference to themselves and dont need to identify their IDs to turn their own lights on or off is huge for ambitious programmers. This will be ready very soon! I been testing the game with my game and its sooo much more optimized since I ditched terrax, I have a final test today to stress test the lighting plugin, so far its been amazing.

The MZ version is receiving a few more upgrades. Its also more powerful and ditches all terrax references/calls in favor of its own (Its page based, has ability to use variables, etc.)

I also have to get busy making the light pages to make it look better before its ready to be downloaded by the masses.

Almost there, thanks so much for your patience.

(Oh and PS my collaborator is about to release an amazing Parallax plugin for MZ soon ( we have been working on that as well))

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is basically my pre-release? I need to make some cool videos and take better pics of the lighting plugin in action.

ANYWAYS the plugin is now available! Link above.

I just wanted to share why I created the plugin.......

Hello Everyone!

Dairnon and I created this lighting plugin for MV because I really needed a solution for light lag on MV. Everyone wants great lights but the cost of lights is very high and this could be very bad for some of our players with low end computers. So we decided we needed to create a solution to light lag from scratch.

Since I was already using the Terrax lighting plugin in my game Killer Gin (that I have been working on for the past 4 years), I wanted the lighting plugin to be backwards compatible with Terrax. So that's why it uses Terrax commands, it's an easy replacement.

There are 4 massive improvements this plugin has over Terrax. (Besides being much more light weight and lag free)

1) Compatible with Yanfly Copy Event
2) Compatible with Yanfly Spawn Event.
3) Has reference to its own ID (critical for spawn and copy events)
4) Lights are objects... so advanced commands incoming.

So enemies with lights spawning into your game is 100% achievable and highly recommended (Alive - lights, dead - no lights). Devs using copy events and spawn events for visible enemies know how big a deal this is. Also if you are interested in Smart lights that update themselves (light and extinguish) at certain times of days, etc. It's all possible. (Made extremely easily)

Since the lights are objects, more powerful commands/control will be given to the player in future updates!

PS: There is no call to stop script (like terrax) because its so efficient you will never need to.

PPS: I greatly appreciate all the work Terrax has done to this point.

Last edited:

katywings

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@KillerGin I really do not want to start a flamewar here ^.^, but just out of curiousity: will the js files from the mz plugin purchase be minified or raw/readable?
Also the screenshots already speak by themself, amazing work you are doing here, keep it up!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@KillerGin I really do not want to start a flamewar here ^.^, but just out of curiousity: will the js files from the mz plugin purchase be minified or raw/readable?
Also the screenshots already speak by themself, amazing work you are doing here, keep it up!
Do you mean are the js files obfuscated or something like that?

No, all the files will be raw/readable.... in their natural form lol.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just thinking about how much MZ could use a lighting plugin and then I saw this; incredible! I can't wait!!!!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Let me know how it works for you.

katywings

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you mean are the js files obfuscated or something like that?

No, all the files will be raw/readable.... in their natural form lol.
Very nice, I like natural js :D

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forget it. I am a poor man. . .

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats!

(Can't know if it's compatible with Ultra Mode 7 though, or if performances are better than the "community lighting" plugin based on Terrax for MV/MZ.. Oh by the way, to my surprise "OC RAM Lighting" originally made for MV seems to be compatible with MZ too from what I quickly checked.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another custom skill animation, sometimes i waste too much time on details people will barely notice :kaocry:
Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o
Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACon87