RMMV MV Nova Lighting Plugin (For MV and MZ !!!)

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nova Lighting updated!!!

You can now adjust Size and color of any light created!

I also re-recorded the basics video, and also updated the write up to be much more user friendly! Enjoy!

Last edited:

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone!

Sorry about the Delay of the MZ Nova Lighting Plugin.

It has a completely different, (a much better and more advanced API), along with amazing features like using variables to control, update and change light color, flicker, etc.

You can use your own "shapes" for lights and stretch and shrink them as you please.

The reason why its been slightly delayed because I am also working on finishing my own game (I been working on for the past 4+ years and updated the MV version.)

My game is scheduled to launch, (finally) Oct 25th, and the MZ Nova Lighting Plugin should be done by then or very shorty after!

Thanks so much for understanding!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone!!!

Since Killer Gin successfully launched, I will be working on my next game, a multiplayer horror game for MZ

This means, the development of the MZ Nova Lighting plugin will also be resumed and done shorty. Nearly everything works except all the cool lighting transitions (not all of them work).

Using variables to pass to the plugin/give the plugin for light settings work already!

I believe I will consider the MV Nova lighting plugin finished! So be ready yourselves for the MZ Nova Lighting Plugin!

jcruise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good luck on the MZ version! I look forward to more updates to the MV version in the future. For now, it works fantastic in my game. (Light shapes would be cool in the future though!)

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good luck on the MZ version! I look forward to more updates to the MV version in the future. For now, it works fantastic in my game. (Light shapes would be cool in the future though!)
Thanks!

Yeah, MZ will have light shapes you can customize and adjust on the fly.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I've been on the fence for a while about trying it out. There's one thing I really want to know beforehand.

With Terrax I can't really animate in the dark all that well, The animations are covered up by the effect instead of in the foreground.
I want to show animations that cover a big part of the screen, is this possible to achieve with the NovaLighting Plugin? And is the same thing possible for Balloon Icons?

Many thanks in advance!

(Example: This is the Water All 2 animation as a test, but you can hardly see it.)

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, this looks cool!

Question, does it allow us to use custom images for the light shapes? Like, if I want to have a light be cast from a window to the ground?

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@UncreativeMedia Yeah, it should work fine. Just make sure that no other plugin is interfering with your show animation or show pictures. I use them all the time and my work great.

@AfroditeOhki This one for MV does not. Just circles and cones. It does it super fast and super awesome lol. In the terrax way and in a new way plus its compatible with yanfly spawn and copy event.

However the MZ version does allow for custom shapes that you can alter on the fly. However, not done yet. There are super advanced options still being worked on.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi! I've been on the fence for a while about trying it out. There's one thing I really want to know beforehand.

With Terrax I can't really animate in the dark all that well, The animations are covered up by the effect instead of in the foreground.
I want to show animations that cover a big part of the screen, is this possible to achieve with the NovaLighting Plugin? And is the same thing possible for Balloon Icons?

Many thanks in advance!

(Example: This is the Water All 2 animation as a test, but you can hardly see it.)

This was per your request!

Nova Lighting Update!

This is for all the Horror game Devs out there!!

Added offset X and Y for the flashlight! (Plugin Params)

This is important for devs creating horror games using custom graphics, this way the flashlight can extend from the flashlight in the players hand, etc.

However, could be useful for non horror devs as well. Hehe.

Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingalisah121