RMMV MV Nova Lighting Plugin (For MV and MZ !!!)

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah a demo! That is an interesting idea!! No, there is no demo included though I did create a basics video..... would a demo be helpful? If so, what kind of lights would you like me to include?

Hmm something that most other plug-in demos include for lights, take terrax for example and have a few maps that cover most (if all) of the possible light effects that the plugin can do (simple and non simple). Even if you don't do all diffrent colours maybe have a quick reference sheet so someone can edit it to a different colour to use for a spefic map. I.e FFX00001 is blue idk just a quick idea.

Definitely have an example of how a torch event work and maybe how to adjust beam length and width (not sure on how necessary enemy patrols are with lights but it would be nice but not needed)

That's something I look for when picking a spefic plug-in that adds more detail to my game, something I can bounce off with and add some some personality.

Ps : I'm sick of using terrax and Galv after 3 or so years of development lordd. Glow effects are much appreciated and maybe battle lights idk not needed just a thought.

Much appreciated if you did a small demo for the plug-in. Like it does add more value when purchasing it. Like here's a plug-in ready to use for your hobby or comerical game :)

jlusco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
A lighting plugin for MZ lol. Oh I do have one question will it have a day night setting like terrex did for MV

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
MV Nova Lighting Plugin Updated!!!!!

- You can now switch between Nova Lighting Style and Terrax style of Lights in real time!

You can now give the player the option to choose which lighting style they like most.

Incoming
1) Plugin Demo
2) Diagonal Flashlights
3) MZ Nova Lighting PLugin!!!

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 5.21.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 5.21.21 PM.png

aniaaous

lazy potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV Nova Lighting Plugin Updated!!!!!

- You can now switch between Nova Lighting Style and Terrax style of Lights in real time!

You can now give the player the option to choose which lighting style they like most.

Incoming
1) Plugin Demo
2) Diagonal Flashlights
3) MZ Nova Lighting PLugin!!!

View attachment 170277

View attachment 170278
Ho! ho! I was waiting for this update hahah I'ma try asap :DD
Edit I'm waiting for the next one hahaha still I think it's an awesome feature to change lighting mode wit the script call :DD

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ho! ho! I was waiting for this update hahah I'ma try asap :DD
Edit I'm waiting for the next one hahaha still I think it's an awesome feature to change lighting mode wit the script call :DD

Thanks! Yeah, it was real tough for me to choose which one I liked most.

Most players are 50 - 50 when it comes to choosing which one they like better....

So I was like.... why not have BOTH?! (Some really dislike the Nova look, its a bit harder to get looking right, so much more complex)

So now, in the game options, they can switch between the two on the fly! Now everyone can be happy!
(Screen shots from my game)

I thought it was a neat feature.

aniaaous

lazy potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Yeah, it was real tough for me to choose which one I liked most.

Most players are 50 - 50 when it comes to choosing which one they like better....

So I was like.... why not have BOTH?! (Some really dislike the Nova look, its a bit harder to get looking right, so much more complex)

So now, in the game options, they can switch between the two on the fly! Now everyone can be happy!
(Screen shots from my game)

I thought it was a neat feature.
Yep! in my opinion, both styles fit for different moods/scenes Now that we can switch on the go we will probably find use both depending on what we want!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep! in my opinion, both styles fit for different moods/scenes Now that we can switch on the go we will probably find use both depending on what we want!

Ah, yes, that is certainly a great point!

Now only can you follow what the player chose in the options but you can also override these options on key maps or scenes as well.

Nice! I like the way you think!

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm something that most other plug-in demos include for lights, take terrax for example and have a few maps that cover most (if all) of the possible light effects that the plugin can do (simple and non simple). Even if you don't do all diffrent colours maybe have a quick reference sheet so someone can edit it to a different colour to use for a spefic map. I.e FFX00001 is blue idk just a quick idea.

Definitely have an example of how a torch event work and maybe how to adjust beam length and width (not sure on how necessary enemy patrols are with lights but it would be nice but not needed)

That's something I look for when picking a spefic plug-in that adds more detail to my game, something I can bounce off with and add some some personality.

Ps : I'm sick of using terrax and Galv after 3 or so years of development lordd. Glow effects are much appreciated and maybe battle lights idk not needed just a thought.

Much appreciated if you did a small demo for the plug-in. Like it does add more value when purchasing it. Like here's a plug-in ready to use for your hobby or comerical game :)

Now you have the ability to switch between two different light modes in the fly

** AND **

Now, the Script comes with a test project, only for PC, so that you can have fun seeing how the different light modes work/look AND you can see how you can set the foundations for some really fun light mechanics in your game!

Ask and thou shall Receive!

aniaaous

lazy potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, yes, that is certainly a great point!

Now only can you follow what the player chose in the options but you can also override these options on key maps or scenes as well.

Nice! I like the way you think!
hahah Thanks :kaothx:

Taraque

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am eagerly waiting for you to release your nova lighting plug in for RPGM MZ. Hope it will come out soon.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am eagerly waiting for you to release your nova lighting plug in for RPGM MZ. Hope it will come out soon.

Ay yes. Releasing KG on a new platform, and recording videos for my youtube series has got me super busy.

I also had to pull apart MV, examine it, and update it in order to optimize Killer Gin (some people where having issues running it).....now that has been taken cared of, I can go back to the plugins, my apology.

Taraque

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ay yes. Releasing KG on a new platform, and recording videos for my youtube series has got me super busy.

I also had to pull apart MV, examine it, and update it in order to optimize Killer Gin (some people where having issues running it).....now that has been taken cared of, I can go back to the plugins, my apology.
No worries. Take your time :)

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm, this plugin looks cool. I like the way the light looks in this screenshot you posted. The project I have been working on has a lot of similar mechanics as your game on Steam, I think I will pick up both the game and plugin tomorrow but I'd to ask a few questions if you don't mind.

1) Does your plugin have a seamless/gradual day and night transition that is just like terrax?
2) In the screenshot I linked above I see you have a time system and mini map set up, are you using Mog Hunters Time System or another? And what minimap is that?

Edit: Does this have a working demo yet?

Last edited:

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys!

Sorry been a while. Imma see if I can add a few features that people have asked for very soon.

I been busy with guides and the KG DLC.

I think people wanted diagonal lights?

UncreativeMedia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Diagonal lights would be awesome!

I'd ran into an issue with the flashlight offset, where the X axis works fine, but the Y axis disconnects the lights from the character. (My sprite is 2 blocks high)

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah yes....... Diagonal lights for 8 way direction.

Other lighting plugins only added a Y...... SO i thought maybe adding an X would be cool lol.

Apparently I see why they didnt bother with X.

But I think I can make it work. Can you show me what the problem is again?

This might be tricky since everyone may have different size chars....... did I get something backwards?

..... OMG..... how would the diagonal lights work with the X factor? lol

UncreativeMedia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(This is on Y axis, but it seems the light is behind the player)

(this is on the X axis, but it's both higher and lower)

No idea how this happenend, but it looks so silly ^~^

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I think people wanted diagonal lights?

would rather take an earlier mz release ;)

Your plugin seems to be top notch when it comes to performance. desperatly waiting for the mz version. keep up the good work!

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you get a chance to work it in, a longer transition between day and night would be fantastic. As it stands now, this plugin doesn't directly replace Terrax Lighting in that respect. Even a set 30 or 60 second transition would be great, it doesn't have to be customizable.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nick7626