MV or MZ for a beginner with coding experience and high aspirations

PinkPeafowl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am going to make a game which is distinct enough that i'll need a lot of plugins and probably code some myself. The idea is a buldurs game like game where its based of a ttrpg and is more or less just converted into a game. RPG-maker works well in that regard.

But the battle system alone is going to be a lot of work, it will originate from a LTBS-style tactical battle but use an action point system (probably by converting TP to an action point resource). Additionally i will need a reactionary system (where you get hit you will be given a chance to parry, for example). And that is only the beginning, in terms of additional content.

I have not even started yet however and i am stuck at the first option, MZ or MV. I have read a lot of threads with this same questions but never gained any insight from them. I understand that MZ is newer and thus has more things (but not by a lot). MV on the other hand is older but has much more in the ways of plugins and guides (which i will need). And to add further complications MZ is cheeper even though its newer (huge red flag).

With all this in mind, what would you recommend? With the scale of the game and the fact i have some coding skills, what would be better? MV or MZ? (H A L P I HAVE BEEN STUCK ON THIS QUESTION FOR A WEEK NOT EVEN ABLE TOGET STARTED)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to General Discussion. Thank you.

The biggest difference between the two is the animations, probably followed by the mapping. Download them both, play with them, choose which one you like better.

MV and MZ are showing the same price for me.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

No one:
Steam game achievement: "Die 100 times in easy mode".
I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defigo