OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV or MZ? What's the difference? What new features does MZ have and what does MV do better?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this question has been asked dozens of times, and I don't have the time now to repeat my answer for the sixth or seventh time.

please search the forum for the other topics about this and read them

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably the biggest difference is that MZ uses Effekseer files for animations, which a lot of people complain about (though a lot of others probably love - it's usually a case of the ones who don't like something being more vocal).

For me, the ability to choose layers manually when mapping is a HUGE plus for MZ. For everything else, I don't really have a preference one way or the other.

but yes, as Andar says, there are heaps of threads where the differences are discussed, including all the announce threads leading up to MZ's release, where Touchfuzzy showcased a lot of the new stuff.

You can also just download the trial (which I think is 20 days) and play, to get a feel for which one you like best, as that's pretty much what it boils down to.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you can link your previous responses @Andar ? Anyway, sorry for asking this over and over.

Honestly didn't see much difference aside from there being a Kid option in the Character Creator.

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What new features does MZ have

The differences are little, but many. (New features are coming in with updates. So older threads won't answer properly.)
I'd list them, but it's hard to spare the time to.
And whenever I have, it brings up criticisms about the engine for not having included them previously... :kaoswt:

So trying out the trial is indeed best.
Or, unless you have something keeping you to MV. Just go with MZ, as I explain here in this video.

what does MV do better?

There is absolutely nothing MV does better than MZ, if you haven't been using MV for a long time already.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There are so many coding terms that are complete gibberish to me. Like what the heck is "Return" or "Array"??
Sometimes I forget how tiny and fun working in 16x16 is (or with 18x18 if ya counting the white outline LOL) and before you ask Yes. Yes this is an appropriate ratio of drinks to all the other stuff. :popcorn:
f37ac128dedc8a53af7deb2b12e8ea81becf6e46.png
Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaxDotCombo