Not open for further replies.

Seraphinth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First off I know others have posted about this before but they did not have the same issues (I looked through their comments and the circumstances appear to be different) and they all are over 30 days old so I would be necroposting to add to them.

I currently have 3 project folders on the go: The first 2 launch the play test no issue, the 3rd says "Failed to load extension from:... Manifest file is missing or unreadable."

I have tried to replace the manifest file "Package.json" with the working copy from the other 2 projects as advised by an online post and still nothing. It seems it's a problem elsewhere, whether that be in finding/reading the file in this specific project or something else.

I have another issue with this 1 project in that if I try to launch from "Game.rpgproject" It says that "The directory name is invalid" but the other 2 projects open from their respective project links. To open this project I have to open MV and then open it via that.

Could it be that MV just can't find this folder on its own? And if so why and how do I fix it?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the full path to your project? If you have any invalid characters (including spaces) it might not be able to read all the files.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it an issue that occurs for a project that you are working on in the editor, or a project that you deployed? I will assume that it is a deployed project for now, but please correct me if I'm wrong (I'll have to move the thread again).

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Seraphinth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it an issue that occurs for a project that you are working on in the editor, or a project that you deployed? I will assume that it is a deployed project for now, but please correct me if I'm wrong (I'll have to move the thread again).
[MOVE]RPG Maker MV Deployment[/MOVE]
It's not a deployment issue - it's an issue launching testing as I said above - I've not even finished my first map I just wanted to check a couple of parts on it.

@Shaz : As it's only an issue with this project the issue would have to be this project's folder and the name is currently just "Project " but it's file explorer that's adding the space not me and renaming it brings up the error "Could not find this item, This is no longer located in..."

EDIT: FIXED: Have realised this isn't an MV issue but a file explorer issue: It was rejecting that the folder existed.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Moved to RPG Maker MV

As a heads up, you have to follow HTML5 networking rules when naming your files and folders, that means no space in folders and filenames.

If your issue has been fully resolve please report your thread so it can be closed. Thank you.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen