MV plug-in Manager limits

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Freakydedmnky, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Freakydedmnky

Freakydedmnky Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi All:

I’m not new to RPG Maker or MV, I have been working with it for the past 16 years or so when it was still XP. I have run into an issue I have never run into before. I cannot add anymore plugins. I make my own and I use some of yanfly’s. However I have a page and maybe three plugins. You go to the bottom, there are no more available slots. I am running all the newest versions of the core from Yanfly and RPG Maker MV. It will let me edit and remove and move the plugins, but no empty slot on the bottom. Any suggestions would be helpful, since I would like to add a new one I have been working on for the past six months.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Tech Support is for when you cannot get the engine itself to run.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Freakydedmnky

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My apologies.

So, no one has experienced that in MV that they run out of plugin spaces? That’s interesting. I would have assumed someone would have, since there is such a wide selection to choose from.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
  4. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

@Freakydedmnky , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I'll merged them for you this time, but please just edit your post if you have something to add. Also keep in mind that not everyone is online all the time, so you'll need to have patience when waiting on help.

I think a few people have had this problem, and going to the bottom of your plugin list and either using your mouse's scroll wheel or hitting down on the arrow keys seems to work.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is not a plugin limit, but a quirk of the editor: sometimes the buttons for scrolling down go wrong.

If that happens, simply use the keyboard arrows to scroll down and get the next empty lines

Freakydedmnky likes this.
  6. Freakydedmnky

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I’m sorry I don’t follow?, not the bottom instructions, but I just replied to myself using post reply, so your telling me that replying to my own thread creates another new thread??

7. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, you didn't create another thread, but had posted in this thread so that you had two posts in a row. You had posted responding to Kes, and then a few hours later posted again asking if no one else had had the same problem, which is double-posting. When the last post in a thread is yours (and it hasn't been 72 hours), we ask that you edit your post to add something instead of making a new post.

8. Freakydedmnky

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your help, promise it won’t happen again.

9. Freakydedmnky

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you Andar for your assistance. I’ll give it a try and let you know.

10. Freakydedmnky

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay thanks again Andar for your help. Eventually it did work, apparently it was being caused by a defective plugin. After removing and saving, it’s business as usual. It would freeze if I tried the arrow down. I was able to use the arrow method after removing the plugin, I think I will just do that by default now.