Not open for further replies.

slavetothestars

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, I searched a bit and couldn't find an answer so I'm asking. Sorry if I somehow missed this... because it seems like it has probably been covered.

I got the cool "Medieval" sets from the Degica shop. They're listed as compatible with MV and MZ. When I try to use them in MZ, they're not sized right. I figured out how I can size them down to the right size, but it's a very manual and time-consuming process. Is there an easier way to import them for use in MZ that I'm just missing?

Thanks in advance once again!

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Uhm no, MV and MZ share the same sizes for anything, except Animations. Can you provide some screenshots? Or are you mixing up with VX / VX Ace... ?

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And which Medieval set do you mean? Medieval buildings by Celianna or Medieval stuff by Jesse aka PVG?

slavetothestars

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And which Medieval set do you mean? Medieval buildings by Celianna or Medieval stuff by Jesse aka PVG?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The PVG ones!

Uhm no, MV and MZ share the same sizes for anything, except Animations. Can you provide some screenshots? Or are you mixing up with VX / VX Ace... ?

I'll grab some screen shots when I have a chance to jump on the other computer. But, unless I'm doing something wrong, the walking and idle sheets for the characters are set at a much larger scale.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think it was intended by the Content Creator to have a different size. Because, MV and MZ have same sizes in general, so it's not a MZ problem.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Without more information, it's hard to know the exact problem. The tiles and all should be correct size.

I can only guess that you are talking about the character sheets. PVGames characters are often given sheets with more walking frame animations than typical RM sprites. They have to be used with a plugin for more animations frames.

However, it's likely that Jesse also included character sheets with the correct number of frames for those that do not want to use a plugin. Look to see if you can find character sheets that have 3 columns and 4 rows.

If the character sheets are not the problem, then please clarify exactly what is.

edit: Looking at some of his other character sheets, you may need to make sure they are named correctly. If the character sheet indeed does only have 3 x 4 frames, make sure they have a $ sign at the beginning of the file name. This tells the engine that it is a single sprite sheet, as opposed to one made up of 8 characters.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can think of two possibilities here, depending on what exactly you did - and both have nothing to do with MZ as the problems are identical in MV.

some of the spritesheets were designed for more than 3-frames of animation, they can only be used together with a plugin that allows the additional frames. There is a topic on PVGs product forum that lists plugins required for MV, you'll have to check their MZ equivalents if you want the same effect.

second option is that if I remember correctly some of the 3x4 single sprites are missing the $ in the filename, that needs to be added before the RM can adapt them.

ninja'ed

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll grab some screen shots when I have a chance to jump on the other computer. But, unless I'm doing something wrong, the walking and idle sheets for the characters are set at a much larger scale.

That's fine - there's no need to downsize anything. When using without plugins simply assign the required sheet in the database (only 3x4 frame sheets) and the characters will work normally in the game. Just check the presence of $ as mlogan and Andar wrote.

However, you will achieve the best result with the help of plugins for the use of sheets with multiple frames, here is a link to the topic here on the forum: Plug-Ins, Tools, and Tutorials - PVGames Assets

Last edited:

slavetothestars

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[MOVE]Product Support[/MOVE]
Without more information, it's hard to know the exact problem. The tiles and all should be correct size.

I can only guess that you are talking about the character sheets. PVGames characters are often given sheets with more walking frame animations than typical RM sprites. They have to be used with a plugin for more animations frames.

However, it's likely that Jesse also included character sheets with the correct number of frames for those that do not want to use a plugin. Look to see if you can find character sheets that have 3 columns and 4 rows.

If the character sheets are not the problem, then please clarify exactly what is.

edit: Looking at some of his other character sheets, you may need to make sure they are named correctly. If the character sheet indeed does only have 3 x 4 frames, make sure they have a $ sign at the beginning of the file name. This tells the engine that it is a single sprite sheet, as opposed to one made up of 8 characters.

I can think of two possibilities here, depending on what exactly you did - and both have nothing to do with MZ as the problems are identical in MV.

some of the spritesheets were designed for more than 3-frames of animation, they can only be used together with a plugin that allows the additional frames. There is a topic on PVGs product forum that lists plugins required for MV, you'll have to check their MZ equivalents if you want the same effect.

second option is that if I remember correctly some of the 3x4 single sprites are missing the $ in the filename, that needs to be added before the RM can adapt them.

ninja'ed

Thank you to both of you! That was exactly the problem! The $ fixed the issue!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I can't decide if writing invoices is satisfying or annoying...
What has two thumbs and just put up the latest Jump into Javascript? *points at self* this guy!
Me: I just want to sit and work on my game all day everyday! Shiny code! Shiny graphics! Yay! :LZSexcite:
Other people: What if we give you money not to?
Me: :kaoswt:
//Long pause...

Me: You've won this day foul temptress! :kaolivid:
Wow. Doing a kickstarter page takes much longer than I expected. It looks so simple, yet takes so many hours to get right.
Ami
my Unfinished Work are Placed in Abandoned Project Folder (Maybe Unfinished Project Folder) & Making the new Work (still same but different in some aspect,i pick anything from my Previous Work)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itzal