MV ps4 support?

ZeeMadMage

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First time poster, don't know if this is the correct spot. Is there any information out about MV being released next month on ps4? I've seen where you will be able to upload and play games, but I can't find anything saying if there will be plug-ins made available or additional resources? Again sorry if this is the wrong spot for this question.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The computer versions and the console versions of the RPG-Makers have nothing to do with each other. Internationally they aren't even distributed by the same company, which means you'll never get support for the console versions here.

That said, no console maker in the past ever had a scripting/plugin option, and it is highly unlikely that any future console RM will ever have it. That is because the consoles are a closed system and allowing plugins or anything like them would increase the risk of opening the consoles for cheating programs etc.

ZeeMadMage

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the reply, that's about what I was expecting : (. This is the first time il be getting into rpg maker and I guess I'll use this as a sort of "training wheels" before eventually getting a pc that can run it. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?
If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.
An actual dwarf with an actual axe is not so fascinating as the fantasy counterpart...
I'm so back and forth on pre-ording MZ. I can totally wait for a better deal down the road (since I don't need the extras and waiting to see how YEP plugins turn out) but there's something about the fun in playing with "a new toy".
:rheh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkyfat