luiscesjr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Okay guys, so I've done this hundreds of times before, I tested many of my games on my phone,

but this time around, I was going to test a new project, see how it would react under touch controls, etc (Since the core of my game is almost

complete I need to have the feeeeel of how it plays on mobile).

But I cannot start the game I keep getting this error "ReferenceError require is not defined" as seen below on my screenshot.

To avoid errors initialy I included everything, I did not strip anyting off, because I wanted only to test, I didn't expect

to run into errors, I didn't want to. 

And yeah it does play on my editor on play test.

Screenshot_20161108-081955.png

[\spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We need to see the console.
But unfortunately... I don't know how to see it on the cellphone... Can't you use a program to emulate a phone first?

luiscesjr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Thanks for your answer man! I was just about to post and edit some new things. (Obrigado haha)

The thing is, I found out the problem is with one of my plugins (Nothing shows wrong on console when testing unfortunelly).

The problematic plugin is the Character Creator Plugin (Which is awesome and dead useful to me, in my project),

It gives out that error ONLY when the game is deployed. I left a comment on  SumRndmDde's video but I guess he didn't

see it yet. This plugin of his is simply awesome.

I also searched on his site and there is a guy who had a similar problem when deploying to Windows, and his solution

was put the img sources outside the project's source (At least thats what I understood, as difficult to understand me as it sounds),

Here goes a screenshot of this comment:

Sem título.png

So I'm kinda stuck for now with the plugin...

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmm... this could be a problem for android.

You see, to make an android apk you use only the contents of the www folder, and from what I got this person puts the files in an img folder outside the www folder...

basicamente, ele criou uma pasta img fora da pasta www, pelo que eu entendi. só que pra criar um aplicativo android você normalmente usa só o que está na pasta www, então não sei como isso iria funcionar.

luiscesjr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Exactly, I did what he said and it didn't work, I'm not too familiar with the android folder rules for apk. 

Acho que babou haha.

I will wait for his official answer then, see if he can find a solution for this. Looking in his code he always call for the 

resources under /img/SumRndmDde/, and those are surely included inside the www.

He goes for the 

path = require('path');

And I'm not a very skilled coder to see exatly the "fix'. Not that his code is wrong or anything, but my specific fix,

the paths* all seem very clear to me. 

Code:
_.filePath = '/img/SumRndmDde/character-creator/walk/';
_.filePathDead = '/img/SumRndmDde/character-creator/dead/';
_.filePathSv = '/img/SumRndmDde/character-creator/sv/';
_.filePathFace = '/img/SumRndmDde/character-creator/face/';

vilune

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Good Morning, 

luiscesjr
Did you solve the error? I'm in the same situation as you.
Thank you.

luiscesjr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hey vilune! No man, I did not find a fix for this, in fact I kept doing other things, since I contacted

the dev, and maybe it will take some time for him to fix, as it's a mobile only problem...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.
Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.
So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erryopo