[MV] Shrine Maiden's Tools by Karina

KarinaSnow

Nine-Tailed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, this is actually my first serious attempt at pixelling up a sprite, and for what I wanted it for, it turned out quite well, despite looking kind of faded on the ribbon, but that actually made it look better for it's intended use.
We've got animations too.
*Spells demonstrated above may or may not be made MV compatible at a later date.
You MAY use these animations free of charge in ANY engine.
You MAY edit any resources posted here, on the condition you post said resources in this forum for archiving, if you intend to share them publically.
You MAY repost these assets elsewhere, if I have not already posted them on a specific site, but you MUST link back to the thread.
You MUST give credit (method of your choosing) within the game somewhere, where a player can see it/reach it.*
You ARE NOT allowed to claim these resources as your own.
If you paid for these free resources, you've likely been scammed.
If in the event I perform commissioned animations, they are not subject to these terms, but a third party's terms, with the exception that I may display them in 'Magic Practice'.
These terms can change without warning, but for published games, only the terms posted on the date of publish are in effect.

Updated as of August 17, 2017 at 7:47 PM US Central time.

*If you want to credit via in-game cameo, message me in PM and I'll dump information for you.

A sign or a thing mentioning 'Karina', 'Miho', and/or 'Tamamo' and at least 1 skill that uses my animation if ingame, otherwise, a standard credits section is fine.
While not required, a free copy of a commercial game is nice too.

Animation Folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3j7gxsdckxq2j2s/AABv3Mm5vl1cZOei9bxgZ3aRa?dl=0

Gohei: The purification rod a shrine maiden uses. Based off of the one seen with Reimu from Touhou.
GoheiBase.png

GoheiWhite.png

Last edited:

MacMakerVXAce

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Where can I find and download the animations from Magic Practice? The link provided is for different animations.

Please and thank you :)

KarinaSnow

Nine-Tailed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Where can I find and download the animations from Magic Practice? The link provided is for different animations.

Please and thank you :)
I forgot to include those ones in the pack because I either had them named differently, OR they're not able to be used with RPG Maker MV Due to frame size limitations. I would also highly reccomend using these animations with Yanfly's Plugins, because his has support for 60FPS, and the action sequence scripts allow you to use multiple animations per attack with some set up. - Though, I will work on formatting the lightning one to be used as a Circle AoE

Hoo~ Lightning has been made. Including separate link for it, will add it to the main pack when I get a sizable amount to make adding worth doing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3um22cm6n2546i/raidenfury.rar?dl=0

Code:
<AOE Radius: 100>
<setup action>
clear battle log
immortal: targets, true
display action
move user: target, base, 20
jump user: 50, 20
wait for movement
animation 26: user
</setup action>
<whole action>
wait: 60
animation 27: target
action effect: target
wait: 10
wait for effect
</whole action>
<target action>
</target action>
<follow action>
immortal: targets, false
</follow action>

Last edited:

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fantastic animations. Going to keep an eye on this thread.

MacMakerVXAce

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much! These are fantastic. I'll keep a look out thanks for your help!

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These animations looks so amazing, i'd like to use them in my game, and i'll accept the terms, "When its ready i let you know"

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Really love those!

One question: Are you going to post all the animations showcased in the first post? I would love to see the "angel feathers" one.

KarinaSnow

Nine-Tailed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Really love those!

One question: Are you going to post all the animations showcased in the first post? I would love to see the "angel feathers" one.
Perhaps, but it's a matter of figuring out how to animate it properly for MV. Though, the original attack was based off of a sparrow harpy shooting feather darts.

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps, but it's a matter of figuring out how to animate it properly for MV. Though, the original attack was based off of a sparrow harpy shooting feather darts.
I also noticed the Angel Feather animation missing in the rar file, i really like that one ;)

DarkEspeon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy ****, these are amazing!

KarinaSnow

Nine-Tailed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
BUMPITTY BUMP: We've got another! This time, I decided to make an attack based on the Kitsune's Fire, but instead of using it to mislead people to their demise, I'd rather bring demise to them. A cluster of Azure Fireballs spawned from the user and into their enemy always does well, does it not?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3t7koxu3esdtg3/FoxFireAttack60FPS.png?dl=0
I reccomend using Additive on your animation settings, because I kept messing with it due to user error and this was ultimately the best result I could get. I won't fix it, so my apologies.
Code:
<setup action>
  clear battle log
  immortal: targets, true
  display action
  move user: target, front center, 20
  wait for movement
</setup action>

<whole action>
  animation 29: user, mirror
  wait: 50
  animation 30: target
  wait: 2
  wait for effect
</whole action>

<target action>
</target action>

<follow action>
 immortal: targets, false
 wait: 100
 </follow action>
I had set the skill's animation itself to 'None', so I could utilize the extra capabilities of Yanfly's plugin. Doing this, since the attack is supposed to be spawned on the user and hit an enemy, I had done the above, then used a second animation (Which just flashes the target) to make this more flashy. Keep in mind the above code hits the enemy 9 times, so adjust your formula as needed. It won't look right on ALL enemies, but for the majority of them, it'll look alright.

KarinaSnow

Nine-Tailed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

BUMP: New Animations! This time, I've got another move reformatted! As such, I'll leave specific details such as the YanFly stuff below.

Downloads:
Claw Attack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp2dwgx6hgq5s57/ClawSingle60FPS.png?dl=0
Hyper-Focus: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d03v34eegjani15/Hyper Focus.rar?dl=0
Kitsune's Pyre: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcgz0xcldpivbx1/Kitsune Pyre.rar?dl=0

Code:
<setup action>
  clear battle log
  display action
  hide battle hud
  common event: 2
</setup action>

<whole action>
MOVE user: POINT, 408, 336, 20
wait for movement
motion chant: user
common event: 3
animation 32: user
wait: 201
animation 33: user

wait: 80
motion swing: user, no weapon
wait: 31
action effect
wait: 4
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
wait: 3
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
action effect
wait: 6

animation 34: user
</whole action>

<target action>
</target action>

<follow action>

</follow action>

<finish action>
  wait: 50
  wait for new line
  clear battle log
  perform finish
  wait for movement
  wait for effect
  common event: 2
  show battle hud
  bgm: MEMORY
  remove state 17: user
  action common event
</finish action>
Obviously this animation will not fit in one slot (440 Frames), so I had to math and calculate all this out. Feel free to tweak this, but this is how I got it to work. I had also set it to 'Screen' for Obvious reasons. The BGM Memory and Common Event 3 were used because I wanted to use a special song to signify the Ultimate skill being usable, and have the character comment as well. Likewise, Common Event 2 is to hide HUD Elements.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome work :D

Cliff Edge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a handful of menu icons based on the gohei: one cropped to 32px, one resized to 26px, and one in the default style:

View attachment 72632 View attachment 72633 View attachment 72634

Usage of these icons is subject to @KarinaSnow's terms; she created the gohei image I used, after all. Crediting me is optional, crediting Karina is mandatory. The third icon is also made with a blank weapon background from The Infamous Bon Bon's thread here; it's a Kadokawa asset, so an MV license is required and it must only be used in RPG Maker projects.

KarinaSnow

Nine-Tailed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But they're not loaded. I'd love to see them, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you had some musical requests in line with me.. feel free to re post! Corona has killed me and have recently got my internet back <3
I'm now working on procedural generated World Maps for my own project.
Is there anyone who's interested in having this Plugin for his own game?
I have a dream where RMer are not blinded and too dependant on published script / plugins...
RM MV ACE? 2020? Super? Legends? Sword and Shield? 2.5D? RM Pixel? RM 2: Revenge of Squared RTP tiles? Don't mind me, I'm just wondering about what will be the name of the next engine.

So I came up with a new look for the paths, and along the way realized health bars are so overrated, so now a crazy red light trail follows her and gets shorter as her life decreases. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TakuPlayz