[MV] Skill target any Ally but User

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Krasnodalev, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Krasnodalev

Krasnodalev Warper Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello!

I need a healing skill that doesn't work on the caster himself. You need some friends to make sense of it.

Yanfly Target Core & Selection Control just don't work for me. I use a simple Frontview with actor sprites, and this Selection Control plugin tries to choose targets as in SV mode. It can't even select my party members. The cursor slides only over enemies.

Can you please provide me something just as good as this one, but for MV? It even plays Buzzer when you try to use skill on caster. Thank you.

2. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not sure about a dedicated plugin for this, but have you tried something like the following in a project using Yanfly's Battle Engine Core + Target Core + Selection Control (in that order)?
    Code:
    <Custom Select Condition>
    condition = (user != target);
    </Custom Select Condition>
    Pretty sure it worked for me a while ago, just stick it in your skill's notebox and set the skill's scope to 1 Ally~

3. Krasnodalev

Krasnodalev Warper Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just reinstalled all the plugins and somehow it started working on the battle screen. You can still choose yourself in the menu, though...

But thank you anyway.

caethyril likes this.
  4. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, yes, I forgot Selection Control doesn't affect casting from the menu, not sure how to fix that... :kaoslp:

Krasnodalev likes this.