MV Sprite+

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Vayleos Wow, they look really good. Glad you like the base!

@Jomarcenter I think, it would be very hard, to make pieces for the generator since the bigger base would not fit in there I fear. If you mean like, single pieces you could assemble yourself: yes, maybe. Especially face parts like beards or hair from the standard generator are something you could convert somewhat easily. I usually take away 2-3px in width. The clothing is the problem, because it has to be redone almost completely.

I will release more poses and possible also bases (I want to try an old and a big base) and I will also convert the standard mv characters in this size from time to time. Unfortunately that isn't so easily done as it sounds, since spriting is for me a very time consuming process. But watch out for the next ReStaff for a small addition.

hurley

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These....are.....amazing....sorry for being dramatic but wwwooooowwwwwwww I can't wait for the updates. What program/s do you use if you don't mind me asking? Those example actors at the bottom are inspiring  :D

also @Vayleos those are great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jefries

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Candacis this is so awesome seriously and even though I'm just starting barely a month I can see that I'll maybe be able to pull something off with this. At least I've done like 2 of them already. Later I'll watch videos on creating or costumizing character sprites so I can improve at least a little more. Need to work on the shading and the darkness or something like that.

mv_sprites+ver.0.2.png

By the way I at least want to hear somebody's opinion on how is it going at least. Since it isn't complete it wouldn't make sense to make a thread about it.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@hurley Thanks. I use Photoshop, but with pixel art like this the free program Gimp is more than enough.

@RedButUnknown Nice start! I find it easiest to use some of the default characters hair or clothing and just alter it to my liking instead of starting from scratch. The red hair definitely needs some shading and the outline is a bit harsh. If you need more advice, it is best to post it in here:

This is a thread specifically for feedback on work in progress and I'm sure you will get more detailed feedback there.

In other news, I added my additions from the latest ReStaff to this thread. This would be:

Downed female pose template

Actor 1-1 and Actor 1-2

Next plans are the downed poses for the child base and Actor 1-3 and 1-4. After that I want to try out a sitting pose for chairs.

Jefries

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@hurley Thanks. I use Photoshop, but with pixel art like this the free program Gimp is more than enough.

@RedButUnknown Nice start! I find it easiest to use some of the default characters hair or clothing and just alter it to my liking instead of starting from scratch. The red hair definitely needs some shading and the outline is a bit harsh. If you need more advice, it is best to post it in here:

This is a thread specifically for feedback on work in progress and I'm sure you will get more detailed feedback there.

In other news, I added my additions from the latest ReStaff to this thread. This would be:

Downed female pose template

Actor 1-1 and Actor 1-2

Next plans are the downed poses for the child base and Actor 1-3 and 1-4. After that I want to try out a sitting pose for chairs.
The sitting pose would be awesome, I don't think I've ever saw some of characters sitting. But seriously as soon as you post the sitting pose I'll get them because I would like to put like a family sitting having dinner which would be kind of nice. And thanks for the page already have open in another tab.

Vayleos

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Candacis Thanks! Looking forward to the sitting poses.

@hurley Thanks! I also use photoshop. But like Candacis said, pretty much anything will work. Photoshop is a bit overkill for pixel art. I'm just used to the keyboard shortcuts.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Omg, these are exactly what I was wishing for <3 I love the new MV so much, but I've been reluctant to make a game cause I just loathe the super chibi style characters D: I will love you forever if/when you convert the default MV clothing- I'll finally be able to work on my game without cringing! xD

Edit: And of course, thank you for these beautiful templates! I actually started working on something from scratch using them, and it's not turning out half bad. The hair looks good, but the clothing is.. meh at best lol

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Glad you like them ^_^

Yes, clothing is the most difficult. Hair can be adjusted from the default actors. Just take 2 px away in width in front/back view and 3px in width in side view.

I had a bit of time on my hand and added actor 1-3 and 1-4 as well as the downed version of the child. You might notice that the skin color of 1-3 and 1-4 is a bit darker, I achieved this overlaying the medium brown skin color variant at 50% opacity over the default skin color base.

And you can see a little preview/wip of actor 1-5 and 1-6. Not sure about their outfits yet, I'm using the enemies pictures of those actors as inspiration. So, planned next are actor 1-5 and 1-6, and a sitting on a chair pose template.

Yuu-Mon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Holy... this is perfect. This is the push that I need to port my main game over to MV. You even did the poses of them laying down & made the other actors. This is amazing work, thank you so much.

shinempp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I don't usually post on threads, I mostly don't sign up or register to forums, but I thought I should in order to let you know how an amazing job that is! I'm actually using it a lot. If someone wants to hire somebody else to do sprites like that, let me know.

PS those sprites are the bomb!

sprites.png

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Yuu-Mon and @shinempp Thank you so much, you two. Really means a lot to me seeing someone finding it useful.

Update: In case you missed the last ReStaff, I added the Actor1-5 and Actor1-6. I also added a WIP preview of Actor1-7 and Actor1-8. Let me know what you think about those 2. Armor is hard -_-

And I added a seating pose for sitting on a chair. If you put the arms on a seperate layer you could even have the sprites arms resting on the table, like this:

But I appreciate some feedback on the seating pose. Is it okay? Could it be improved? Of course, I plan on releasing the pose in all skin colors and for the female and child version as well.

I also updated the adult base template a tiny bit. I added a speck of color to the male eyes, that's it. It isn't as prominant as in the female eyes, but I think, it does give the male eyes a bit more life to it.

The next things I plan to add are probably actor1-7 and 1-8, and a push animation/pose for pushing things in front of you, like stones, boxes etc. I think, that could be useful for main characters, yes?

SlySlySly

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am having issues with making the sprites work... They look like this in game... Also a pic of the png. (the images in game are on my very first attempt at parallax)

Miki Sprites.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 8.03.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 8.03.24 PM.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to add a $ to the beginning of the file name (ex. $Sprite.png). This tells the maker, it is a single sprite and to divide the sheet into 12 cells. Without the $, it reads it as a full sprite sheet - 8 sprites with a total of 96 cells, and divides it that way.

SlySlySly

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You need to add a $ to the beginning of the file name (ex. $Sprite.png). This tells the maker, it is a single sprite and to divide the sheet into 12 cells. Without the $, it reads it as a full sprite sheet - 8 sprites with a total of 96 cells, and divides it that way.
Thanks! It looks beautiful now!

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 8.18.30 PM.png

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am having issues with making the sprites work... They look like this in game... Also a pic of the png. (the images in game are on my very first attempt at parallax)

Wow, that looks amazing, did you do the mapping yourself? DAMN!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@StarWarrior00 Please do not quote large images. Also, don't derail a topic by asking about things unrelated - if you'd like to discuss SlySlySly's map, send a pm to do so.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Candacis Are you by any chance converting the clothes themselves to work on the on the taller sprites?

I was also wondering if that is indeed the case, maybe you you could put them in the Game Character Hub workshop on steam?

@StarWarrior00 Please do not quote large images. Also, don't derail a topic by asking about things unrelated - if you'd like to discuss SlySlySly's map, send a pm to do so.

I will be sure to keep that in mind.

shinempp

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
And I added a seating pose for sitting on a chair. If you put the arms on a seperate layer you could even have the sprites arms resting on the table, like this:

But I appreciate some feedback on the seating pose. Is it okay? Could it be improved? Of course, I plan on releasing the pose in all skin colors and for the female and child version as well.

Ho love it! I was actually hoping you would do sitting poses. But I think the legs might be a little too short, is that possible?

Noctis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Thank you for this  :)  managed to make my own sprites

btw, do you have a battler sprite?

Main-Party.png

Maycon Gama Ribeiro

Heroes Of Equilibrium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, how are you? I loved the sprites you made with the base of Candacis, I saw that you offer to make any case there is any request.
Could you do it for me: Aldo, Hayatemaru and Dilara?
Please help me, I'll be humbly grateful.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)
If the new RPG Maker's character generator produces full busts and can match the art styles of previous RPG Makers, that might be a big incentive to buy it. An easier way to craft custom map tile sheets though would probably be an even bigger game changer.
Note to self: One lemon is enough to flavor my drink.
'I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of me house.' - Peter Kay xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangas