MV Sprite+

CainReval

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These look awesome! It really makes for some great additions to the game and adds for more detail in the characters! Thanks!

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much for the templates boss man :rock-left:

Now starting to make some characters for my own game. Sword from YogiKun. Don't know if the shoes / feet look okay haha

New Main Hero.PNG

BozeGame

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Big thanks. I'll be using your sprites as my base. Thumbs Up for Candacis!  ;)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your kind works. Hadn't had the time to work on this, but here is a short update.

Update: I added sitting on a chair poses for female and child. I also reworked the male sitting pose slightly, mostly I made the legs longer in the sideview and edited shading here and there. So, you should re-download and give it a try. You might have to work out the position of the chairs on your tileset, so that the character sits correctly on the chair.

I'm also playing around with a teenager/smaller version:

Some of the actors in the original mv files look really young, more like teenagers, so I thought it would be nice to find a way to make particular characters smaller. Or maybe you want to have a family with an older and a younger child.

I also tried a thinner version for the teenager, but I don't know if it isn't too thin. Will probably stick with the normal version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Another update:

Update: I finally completed the Actor1 sheet with Actor1-7 and Actor1-8, which means I will slowly start tackling another one of the default character sheets. For variance, probably one from the sci-fi section.

I'm also trying to make a heavy version:

Feedback, as always, appreciated.

edit: I felt the first heavy version (middle sprite) was too minimal a difference than the original (right sprite), so I made it even heavier (left sprite)

palinskyjoe

affable madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your work is so amazing. I recently started creating my own sprites using the default bodies and have been trying to branch out to new body types/other designs. Yours are gorgeous and I'm excited to "play dress up" with them in GIMP someday. Keep up the fantastic work. :)

EDIT: Also! Thank you for including multiple races in your templates. The skin tones are so perfect and really help with creating a diverse cast of characters for an RPG! 

BrunaCremm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
All of them looks great! The heavier one is definitely better and the skinny teen is also great... The more diversity the better.

Keep up the great work!

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Candacis I think you are right and the left one is the better "fat" sprite :D

Would love to see this template since it would provide an additional detail, especially for vendors or cooks this could be awesome :)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I think, I will go with the left one. I hope, I have the template done next week.

In the meantime I added a preview of 2 sprites I'm working on. They are from the SF-People2. So, this is why I wanted to try and make a heavy template since SF-People2-1 needs a bigger body :D

@palinskyjoe Glad you like the skintones. You can also create nice middle tones in between, if you lay one darker or paler version on top of another, e.g. default one, and reduce the opacity around 50%. I demonstrated this in the Actor1 sheet.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
New update:

I added a template for a teen size character, as well as a description how you could easily shrink down a clothed adult to this size. I will later add the other skintones, but this template is really just a helper, if you want to make your adult sized sprites smaller. I kept the width of the teen the same as the adult. In the end, I decided that the thin version I showed earlier is probably more fitting, if I ever want to make some slender elven sprites. What do you think?

Although a lot of the actors and characters in the rtp sheets look like teens, I will probably only make adult sizes for them since I'm really not sure which age all those characters have. It really is not that difficult to make them teen sized. Just try it out :)

I also added 2 new skintone colors. Both are from the rtp sheets. The first one is from SFPeople3-2, which I really love since it is a nice medium color. The second one is from People2-1. Will probably later add the skintones for downed and sitting position.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Update:

I added the 2 recolors to all ages and poses. Behind the scenes I worked on how I have the different templates set up, so I can recolor them faster. For this to work I fixed some rogue pixels that had a slightly different color and were messing with my recolor attempts. So, the base adult templates are now slightly different, but it shouldn't be noticable for already clothed characters. I also reworked some shading on the downed female and child, the left pose.

And I added the teen poses for sitting and downed. You can easily recreate them yourself. I also added a skintone palette which I use as a reference for my own files.

I added the first person to the SFPeople2 sheet.

And I'm working on the heavy template:

In the second row are two sideview versions. I'm not sure he is heavy enough :D Still a work in progress. Feedback is appreciated.

kuraiken

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Great to see you're still working on sprite+.

They're way, way better than the standard stuff shipped with RMMV, and you're doing an outstanding job.

Now you might already know this, but while there's probably no way to include your sprites in RMMV's Character Generator, you can add them to a superior character generator.

Link: Extended Character Generator

Another user called Schlangan has designed a external character generator based on the RMMV generator, but with significantly improved functionality and even the option to add custom templates to the generation, which would allow poses such as sitting poses to become an own segment in the generator, allowing makers to actually generator sitting poses for each and every character. Even the body segment can be selected, which would allow different body types inside the generator.

I would really like to see if, between your amazing sprites and his clever character generator, it might not be possible for sprite+ to take off as an actual, fully fleshed out character generator element with SV and everything that encourages other users to design clothing & other elements in sprite+ style for extended generator functionality.

It would be so awesome.

Kill the chibis, crown sprite+!

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@kuraiken

Thanks for the link. I didn't know this existed and I keep it in mind. Of course, it would be awsome to use sprite+ in a generator, but for this to happen I would still need to make (or convert from the chibi style) a ton of clothing and not only for the walking animation, but also for downed state, sitting etc. So, there is a lot of work involved until it would be usable for a generator.

Right now I would like to concentrate on the basics, like the heavy template and in the future also an elder template. As well as slowly tackle the rtp sprite sheets which in turn gives a starting point for other users to edit said clothing/hair etc.

Also, people have commissioned me to make them sprite+ clothing/hair and you will see some of them in the future.

But I will not make a special sideview battler version. I'd rather work on the normal sprites so they become actually useful instead of working on too many things at once. ;)

edit: Here is the first version of the heavy template:

Would love to get some feedback for it.

kuraiken

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Looks great, especially the lines indicating the body mass on the front and back bring out the shape very well. :)

As for the workload, yeah, I'd be a huge amount of work for a single person and probably impossible. Somehow I'm hoping a project like this could gather a number of talented artists like you to collaborate. Especially with the new character generator, there are so many awesome ways to quickly generate highly detailed chars (you can even move parts, e.g. raise the eyebrows on the face portrait, allowing for better depiction of emotions) and the ideas of what a fully fleshed out template would mean for makers is just staggering (because the chibi style seriously limits the number of serious projects you can do with that immature style).

But I can very much understand why you're not eager to jump into such a huge amount of work. ;)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The child is bigger than the standard MV character. haha maybe make all these the base of the next rpg maker? Hmmnnnn... Thanks a lot!

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The child is bigger than the standard MV character. haha maybe make all these the base of the next rpg maker? Hmmnnnn... Thanks a lot!

No, it isn't. Please check it for yourself. My child sprite is exactly 3px smaller than the standard MV character.

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Candacis,

I resized many of the standard RTP to fit @hiddenone's larger sprites, and packed them up in an RXGE for use with @Schlangan's Extended Generator.

I've got a thread here with those resources. They may very well fit your base characters. Glad to see you've made a heavy sprite, I was considering making one, I may use yours.

The clothes will all have to be resized as well to fit the heavier characters. I was thinking the same about a pregnant female...

melancholy-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Candacis!
Just wanted to thank you for your brilliant MV bases!
I am planning to make a lot of characters using it.
There is an example of what I've made using your 'teen' base.

(It's a character from an Android game Siren Fantasia, Anna)

Pikheat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Too bad the templates are gone.
Do someone have them and can upload them?

Please? :)

ItzTerry

Magician of Discord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forum 101:

For the love of Christ, Upload images to imgur and not add them as attachments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...
I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rbennin