MV Sprite+

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Candacis, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Shkalliis

Shkalliis Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Normal that i can't see images or have it ? :/

2. Pikheat

Pikheat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is because they are offline.

Already asked if someone could reupload them.

3. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Sorry, I didn't know that Dropbox removed the public folder feature. I manually changed the links of all images and it should work again. The reason why I use dropbox instead of imgur is, that I have control over the image-name, which makes it easier for you to know what the template is actually used for or what it is referencing (in case of the actor sprites).

I had some family business that took away time and energy, but hopefully I can work on the templates again. Next on the line is the female version of the heavy template. If you have any feedback about the heavy template (you can find it in the first post), please leave a comment.

4. Pikheat

Pikheat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for reuploading Candacis!

I love your work, hope you come back sometime when everything is settled.

5. Tanvaras

Tanvaras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for the art works Candacis, :)

6. unknownnumber

unknownnumber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    More tall sprites, yay! Awesome work!

7. Thagrahn

Thagrahn Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    May use this in later projects, as it does look better than the chibi style in some ways.

8. Moonlight Daemon

Moonlight Daemon Demonic Angel Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you, Candacis, for these wonderful bases. Since I highly dislike the chibis this program defaults to, these will be very useful. Again, thank you. I salute you.

Candacis likes this.
  9. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Figured i'd show my character in the mv+ size, thanks a lot for these base templates :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  10. breakout

breakout Villager Member

First Language:
    Deutsch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello and thank you very much for these wonderful templates! I am trying to make more characters with this base, but unfortunatly my artistic skills are not that good -- is there any chance of finding some more clothing etc. for this base in the future? it would be really great if it would be possible to combine these with @Schlangan 's character creator!

11. Lynvia

Lynvia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @breakout , Not trying to step on Candacis' toes, but I did what you're describing with @whtdragon 's Tall sprite character. It doesn't include kid sizes, sitting, etc, so for positioning and actions on your sprites, includeing 'dead', you will need to edit.

I created a weapons arsenal (swords, double-swords, axes, bows and quivers), additional outfits, some of the standard outfits expanded. You can find a list of the clothes and sprites, along with a module for Dragons (Adult, young, horns, wings, expressions, at this thread. Recommend you create a copy of the @Schlangan editor in an empty folder, launch it, and import the RXGE into it, for each of these. (there are two).

Hope this helps.

Edit - that's @hiddenone 's tall sprites, not @whtdragon

breakout likes this.
  12. breakout

breakout Villager Member

First Language:
    Deutsch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @Lynvia, thank you for your quick reply! I actually found your ressources before and I tried to make it work in schlangan's editor, but someone it didnt work out.. Maybe I should give it another try! But in my opinion, I like the sprite+ from @Candacis better, i think @hiddenone's tall sprites are a too big. Thank you anyway for your effort in resizing the material and share it with the community!

13. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Thanks for your interest. I haven't had a chance to take a look at Schlangans editor, so I don't know how you could incorporate them in there.
    I really want to make more clothes (or convert them) for the sprites, but it is time-consuming.
    I suggest, you take a look at Averys tutorial Make Sprites great again. I put a link to it in my first threadpost. With this tutorial you should be able to understand how to resize sprites (or just their clothing) yourself.

breakout and Hyreal like this.
  14. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @breakout With a little bit of time and effort you can make your own clothing on Candacis' sprites instead of relying on what other people make. :) It feels much more rewarding and it's fun so don't give up! My skills aren't the best either but i'm learning in the process.

I commissioned battlers for my game i'm working on but thanks to Candacis I am able to make my own sprites to match them. Here is an example of some of the characters I made.

Attached Files:

Low, breakout and Candacis like this.
  15. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Yes, unfortunately using my templates requires a bit of effort to make them work for your game.
    I only recently dabbled in setting up generator pieces and learned how much time it takes, preparing pieces for recolorization etc. So, I don't think, I have ever the free time, to set up my templates for Schlangans generator.

In other news, I worked on the female heavy template:

[​IMG]

I don't know, if she is eh.. "heavy" enough? What do you think? I also slightly reworked some part of the legs of the heavy male version, it is the 1st frame of the 2nd and 3rd row.
    And I also reworked the same leg for the normal version, so this is a rework of the 1st frame of the 2nd and 3rd row only:

[​IMG]

Would be great, if someone could try them out and tell me, if this is better? I think, it looks more fluid now.
    If I get positive feedback, I will incorporate the change into the recolors and teen version, too.

Also, I'm trying out elven looks:

[​IMG]

Something more slender like Lord of the Rings elves.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Hyreal likes this.
  16. Hyreal

Hyreal Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried out your new sprites templates and I think they're much better looking now :) It really makes the foot look more defined and stand out better!

Also the heavy females are great too, really good work on those :) Looking forward to the elves :)

Candacis likes this.
  17. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Thanks for the feedback. I have uploaded the new versions for the adult and teen, + recolor templates.
    I also reworked the same foot in the actor and sfpeople2 file.

Tatsumaro likes this.
  18. Rishi Raj Jain

Rishi Raj Jain Pokemon MV Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    Tatsumaro likes this.
  19. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Probably a bad time to interject but I have some resources I'd like to get off my chest! These are from an abandoned project, but I hope someone else might find a use for them. Terms of use are the same as the templates, but please credit me too. :D

[​IMG]

No facesets for those unfortunately (unless you want my terrible unfinished portraits.) Perhaps more useful is this downed Harold! (That middle position was so hard to make...)
    [​IMG]

Tatsumaro, Hyreal, Kyuukon and 2 others like this.
  20. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Sorry, I have little to no time working on this. Feel free to use my templates for this project, but I can't help you out myself.

@Rhino
    Woah, those look awsome! Thanks for sharing. I'm always happy, if people share their creations for my templates :)

Tatsumaro likes this.