Shkalliis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV Sprite+

I'm sure a lot of people like the default MV sprites, but I wanted to offer an alternative to that, called sprite+. Those are a bit taller and have somewhat more realistic proportions while still remaining in the same style as the MV graphics, and still looking cute. Which is what this thread is for.

Terms of Use: Free to use for commercial and non-commercial games made with RPG Maker MV. You have to own RPG Maker MV and you have to mention me (Candacis) in your credits. You can share your own edits that use my bases, but don't share the originals without my permission.

Base Templates:

Skintone Palette:

If you want to recolor yourself or just reference my different skintones, you can use this handy palette.

Recolors:

Child:

Teen:

Recolors:

Spoiler

This is a 4 pixel smaller template, usable for teens or just a bit of height variance between characters. I would advise you to dress the sprite in adult size, save the adult size and then shrink it down and save the teen size. This way, you have options for later. Here is a picture that shows you in red which lines I removed:

Please note, that the lines are different depending on the frame. Depending on the clothes and hairstyles you might want to move those lines 1px up or down, but those are roughly the location they should be in. You have to adjust the arms a bit to smooth out transition errors. I also made the chest slightly more youthlike. Just refer to my template to check where you have to make adjustments. You can also only remove 2 pixel lines, if you just want a smaller adult.

Behaviours:

Downed/Sleeping:

Recolors:

Spoiler

Sitting on a chair:

Recolors:

Spoiler

Actors:

Actor1:

SF People2:

I know that the templates alone are not that particular useful without clothing, but I'm working on the first conversions of the default mv actors.

Feel free to leave feedback and suggestions here. This is not a workshop, sadly I don't have the time to make custom variants. But if you have general suggestions what poses and behaviours you think, could be useful, let me know. If you have made your own add-ons for this sprite size, I'm curious to see them. :)

Normal that i can't see images or have it ? :/

Pikheat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is because they are offline.

Already asked if someone could reupload them.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Sorry, I didn't know that Dropbox removed the public folder feature. I manually changed the links of all images and it should work again. The reason why I use dropbox instead of imgur is, that I have control over the image-name, which makes it easier for you to know what the template is actually used for or what it is referencing (in case of the actor sprites).

I had some family business that took away time and energy, but hopefully I can work on the templates again. Next on the line is the female version of the heavy template. If you have any feedback about the heavy template (you can find it in the first post), please leave a comment.

Pikheat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for reuploading Candacis!

I love your work, hope you come back sometime when everything is settled.

Tanvaras

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the art works Candacis, :)

Thagrahn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
May use this in later projects, as it does look better than the chibi style in some ways.

Moonlight Daemon

Demonic Angel
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, Candacis, for these wonderful bases. Since I highly dislike the chibis this program defaults to, these will be very useful. Again, thank you. I salute you.

breakout

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello and thank you very much for these wonderful templates! I am trying to make more characters with this base, but unfortunatly my artistic skills are not that good -- is there any chance of finding some more clothing etc. for this base in the future? it would be really great if it would be possible to combine these with @Schlangan 's character creator!

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @breakout , Not trying to step on Candacis' toes, but I did what you're describing with @whtdragon 's Tall sprite character. It doesn't include kid sizes, sitting, etc, so for positioning and actions on your sprites, includeing 'dead', you will need to edit.

I created a weapons arsenal (swords, double-swords, axes, bows and quivers), additional outfits, some of the standard outfits expanded. You can find a list of the clothes and sprites, along with a module for Dragons (Adult, young, horns, wings, expressions, at this thread. Recommend you create a copy of the @Schlangan editor in an empty folder, launch it, and import the RXGE into it, for each of these. (there are two).

Hope this helps.

Edit - that's @hiddenone 's tall sprites, not @whtdragon

breakout

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Lynvia, thank you for your quick reply! I actually found your ressources before and I tried to make it work in schlangan's editor, but someone it didnt work out.. Maybe I should give it another try! But in my opinion, I like the sprite+ from @Candacis better, i think @hiddenone's tall sprites are a too big. Thank you anyway for your effort in resizing the material and share it with the community!

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your interest. I haven't had a chance to take a look at Schlangans editor, so I don't know how you could incorporate them in there.
I really want to make more clothes (or convert them) for the sprites, but it is time-consuming.
I suggest, you take a look at Averys tutorial Make Sprites great again. I put a link to it in my first threadpost. With this tutorial you should be able to understand how to resize sprites (or just their clothing) yourself.

Hyreal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@breakout With a little bit of time and effort you can make your own clothing on Candacis' sprites instead of relying on what other people make. :) It feels much more rewarding and it's fun so don't give up! My skills aren't the best either but i'm learning in the process.

I commissioned battlers for my game i'm working on but thanks to Candacis I am able to make my own sprites to match them. Here is an example of some of the characters I made.

Attachments

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Yes, unfortunately using my templates requires a bit of effort to make them work for your game.
I only recently dabbled in setting up generator pieces and learned how much time it takes, preparing pieces for recolorization etc. So, I don't think, I have ever the free time, to set up my templates for Schlangans generator.

In other news, I worked on the female heavy template:

I don't know, if she is eh.. "heavy" enough? What do you think? I also slightly reworked some part of the legs of the heavy male version, it is the 1st frame of the 2nd and 3rd row.
And I also reworked the same leg for the normal version, so this is a rework of the 1st frame of the 2nd and 3rd row only:

Would be great, if someone could try them out and tell me, if this is better? I think, it looks more fluid now.
If I get positive feedback, I will incorporate the change into the recolors and teen version, too.

Also, I'm trying out elven looks:

Something more slender like Lord of the Rings elves.

Last edited:

Hyreal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried out your new sprites templates and I think they're much better looking now :) It really makes the foot look more defined and stand out better!

Also the heavy females are great too, really good work on those :) Looking forward to the elves :)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the feedback. I have uploaded the new versions for the adult and teen, + recolor templates.
I also reworked the same foot in the actor and sfpeople2 file.

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably a bad time to interject but I have some resources I'd like to get off my chest! These are from an abandoned project, but I hope someone else might find a use for them. Terms of use are the same as the templates, but please credit me too. :D

No facesets for those unfortunately (unless you want my terrible unfinished portraits.) Perhaps more useful is this downed Harold! (That middle position was so hard to make...)

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Candacis your Tamplate are Good.

Would you like to Collaborate for the Tall Sprite Maker Project. The Project's vision to Replace the the Default Generator in MV game Engine.

Refer Link to get a brief detail:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/tall-sprite-maker.87580/
Sorry, I have little to no time working on this. Feel free to use my templates for this project, but I can't help you out myself.

@Rhino
Woah, those look awsome! Thanks for sharing. I'm always happy, if people share their creations for my templates :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxStyle