MV Sprite+

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Candacis, Dec 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rishi Raj Jain

Rishi Raj Jain Pokemon MV Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Candacis, @Rhino, @Jefries, @Hyreal I don't Know why you guys are wasting your time Making whole Character sets. Whereas we can just make generator parts for Tall Tamplates and make all Characters out of it...

That's whats the vision of Tall Sprite Maker

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. Tatsumaro

Tatsumaro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portugues
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can help. I'm going to adapt a lot of armors for my project and i'm willing to share them whit Face / TV and TVD so it can be used as NPC in games the SV will be used in my game. I think that if we all do this, the community will save a lot of time and work to populate the game.

Candacis likes this.
  3. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    If I get the time, I will try and separate hair and clothing as single files.

Tatsumaro likes this.
  4. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    These look great!

I know Japan loves chibi but you can do chibi yet still have a proportionate body, XP personally had it right as it still had large heads but still a normal looking body size.

5. Tatsumaro

First Language:
    Portugues
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Candacis can i post my armors and you move them or do you what me to send you the files, and you do the management :)

6. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Ehh, I mean, I will separate the clothing and hair in MY own files :D

7. Tatsumaro

First Language:
    Portugues
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Leather jacket
    Leather jacket_A.png Leather jacket_B.png Leather jacket_C.png

Low and Kyuukon like this.
  8. Tatsumaro

First Language:
    Portugues
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Steel armor
    Armadura (12).png Armadura (12).png Armadura (12).png

Low likes this.
  9. Tatsumaro

First Language:
    Portugues
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Camouflaged
    Armadura (19).png Armadura (19).png Armadura (19).png

Low likes this.
  10. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Candacis Thank you :kaothx: I'll try to make some more rtp conversions if I can.

@Rishi Raj Jain
    Character set = 1 TV sprite, full artist control over layering, sprite, details. (e.g. you can actually add shading under hair and things, that level of detail isn't possible for a generator.)

1 Generator Piece= Face, TV, TVD and SV sprites. Have to be made in a certain way, have to be named in a certain way, have to have a colour mask too.

It's not really a waste of time to make a character set, it's actually a lot less time than a generator piece. It may not be as helpful to the general community, but if you're not planning to use the extra parts like SV battlers, you save yourself like 20 hours of work.

As a note about your project, you can't actually edit the way the inbuilt character generator in MV works, that's illegal. You'd be relying on an external generator such as Schlangan's, and people have already been considering making tall templates to work in that. There's little progress made yet, but unless someone is willing to fund it, it really is going to take a long time to replace the entirety of the rtp pieces on people's spare time, possibly years.

It's also going to need a lot of organising to make sure everyone is sticking to a correct format and making sure things are going to work, or you'll need to have someone to act as 'quality control' and sort through what's being submitted instead so the artist has less to worry about. Whatever the case, you need to update your thread a bit more. Are you using this template? Are you going to need SV battlers? I don't know of any tall SV sprite templates, but I'd imagine it'd be hard to make that look good with 3 frames per animation. You also need to get rid of the typos, although it seems like it's just your writing style, it does unfortunately makes the thread look sloppy and thoughtless.

All that said, I don't think it's a bad idea. I don't mind helping out to make some resources, but (as I imagine is the case for most of us), it's not a priority project, so it is just going to move at a snail pace. Your monster maker project might be long finished before this is.

@Tatsumaro Those are really nice :kaoluv: p.s. Next time it might be better to make it all in one post, and just put images under spoilers to avoid triple posting.

Tatsumaro likes this.
  11. Rishi Raj Jain

Rishi Raj Jain Pokemon MV Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Illegal really!!! I don't think so.
    Beacuse the Motive of the Project is clearly mentioned in the Thread. And the Thread is already approved.

12. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rishi Raj Jain I don't want to derail this thread further so I'll reply on your project thread instead :)

13. 272701921

272701921 Warper Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Candacis hi candacis!the image are missing,could you reupload it again?thank you very much!!

14. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Tatsumaro I am unclear what is going on here, but normally it would be considered hi-jacking for anyone to post their own resources in someone else's thread.
    Two other things - you have not just double-posted, but triple posted. All those images could have gone together into one post (if they are here without hi-jacking). And the second thing is that they would have been better in spoilers because the page has now become a lot slower to scroll through, especially for those who are accessing this on their phones.

15. Tatsumaro

First Language:
    Portugues
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Helo, my goal was to share some of my work whit @Candacis and @Rishi Raj Jain, and everybody else that visit this page, and start a "sharing center" to save time and work to the community.

Should i create a new tread, wait for @Candacis to reorganize the images or just redo the 3 posts? Any suggestion?

16. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Tatsumaro You should not just post your stuff in someone else's thread. This thread is for Candacis to share her resources. If you want to share yours, please start a new thread of your own. You need to include your own Terms of Service (e.g. can these be used in commercial games), how you want to be credited, everything like that. People need this information if they are to use your resources.

Tatsumaro likes this.
  17. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    That's weird. I see the images just fine.

I have no qualms with people sharing their edits for my templates in this thread, show screenshots and the likes. It helps all people out that want to use sprite+, but if it is a lot of pictures and you have a lot to share, it might be best to make your own thread and post your link here.

Tatsumaro likes this.
  18. Tatsumaro

First Language:
    Portugues
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Candacis Hello, i´m going to do that, and link my post to this page.
    Steal waiting for the response of the community to my appeal, but lets see what the future brings :)

19. Andarc

Andarc Villager Member

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    With some chance can you do running templates?Maybe?

20. kaiijuu

kaiijuu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Other people have posted the tall sprites, and I didn't really care for them much, but yours are really really cute! I didn't *want* to use tall sprites, but since I wanted to do custom clothing and such on my actors (and it's so hard on those tiny cheeb bodies!) I definitely think I'm going to use your templates! Thank you so much <3

Rhino likes this.