[MV] Terrax Lighting & Moghunter Time System causing game to freeze

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, I read through nearly 60 pages for the Terrax Lighting plugin and didn't find an answer to my issue. I'm not sure if its me that is doing something wrong or one of the plugins but when I start a new project and activate only terrax lighting and moghunters timesystem plugins the game freezes on the map where I run the "tls_moghunter on" plugin command.

I have followed all the steps in the Terrax Lighting compatibility readme for setting everything up, including:

- using mogtime instead of mogtimesystem in the map nots
- deactivating screen tint in the mog_timesystem plugin properties
- changing "Save daynighthours' to 0" in the terrax plugin
- I made an event and used the "tls_moghunter on" plugin command (setting it to autorun)

I've also tried running terrax lighting above and below mog_timesystem in the load order but the results are the same.

Has anyone else gotten these two plugins to work together with the latest MV patch? Or am I not placing the plugin command correctly maybe?

WhiteW

The Murderous Clown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It appears to freeze because autorun means that that event will keep playing endlessly over you. Set it to parallel.

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, setting to parallel seems to allow the two plugins to run simultaneously but not in tandem. The game doesn't freeze but the light/dark times for Terrax don't seem to align with the Mog_TimeSystem plugin's hours. The Terrax plugin won't seem to come on until I place "daynight" in the map notes with the "mogtime" tag and I don't think I'm supposed to do that. When the game starts its completely dark at noon acording to Mog_TimeSystem.

You know, as much headache as this causes people you would think the authors could write a technical guide to setting them up but then... its possible I am just too much of a noob to figure it out. I keep thinking I'm overlooking something simple because I've spent three days trying to get this to work already. Maybe I just need to walk away for a while.

Here is a SS of the event I set up with the activation command:

Untitled-1.png

Here is my map notes (set up according to the Terrax compatibility readme:

Untitled-1.png

Now, I did read that there was a bug with the Terrax plugin where you had to use "mogtime" in the map notes rather than "mogtimesystem" (as stated in the Terrax readme. I have tried using both with and neither way seems to work. At this point I'm pretty frustrated. -_-;

I am worried that these two plugins simply do not work together anymore after the latest patch and I am just wasting my time.

Last edited:

WhiteW

The Murderous Clown
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN/PT
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You still need an event to "call the script in the area".

"To activate the script in an area, do the following:
1. Put an event into the map.
2. In the 'Note' field (Next to the name) put the following text :
Light 250 #FFFFFF
- Light activates the script
- 250 is the lightradius of the object
- #FFFFFF is the lightcolor (white in this case)
You're done, its that simple."

Just put an event on your map with Light 0 #FFFFFF on the note.

I did notice however that the first day starts quite dark, during the day, however in the following days the daytime will be normally bright.
Perhaps it can be 'fixed' with costumizing it or something.

Terrax has plenty of guides on how to use his plugin, so, there really wasn't much to figure out besides the first part of the instructions of his manual guide.

Last edited:

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"2. In the 'Note' field (Next to the name) put the following text : Light 250 #FFFFFF"

Ugh, this was what I was missing... I don't recall reading that anywhere, I guess I got too tired from pouring over all these plugins for days at a time.

Thank you very much, btw.

ccarsas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"2. In the 'Note' field (Next to the name) put the following text : Light 250 #FFFFFF"

Ugh, this was what I was missing... I don't recall reading that anywhere, I guess I got too tired from pouring over all these plugins for days at a time.

Thank you very much, btw.

Withney is right the game starts very dark and after a pair of hours all come back to normal tint with the notetag in event: Light 0 #FFFFFF

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

I tried to make a face portrait.
it's the first ever time I try something like this, hope it came out decently even if it was my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keqi