MV Title Screen Based on Progress

soulcutter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Without going into too much detail, the gist of my question is this. Using say, Moghunter's script to deal with an animated title screen, or working on one myself, is it possible to have a title screen that changes based on a variable that stores a number representing key plot points throughout the game, and the title screen displaying accordingly. As I work on my title screen I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time if this concept is impossible.

Thanks much,

Soul

Baerthe

Design Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup!

Do you want to do it with events? (using pre-title events you could) or with a script? (you could make a script that reads a var saved in the game and changes the image file based on whatever number it is.)

EDIT:

So this is the function in the scene manage that renders the background for the title

Scene_Title.prototype.createBackground = function() {
this._backSprite1 = new Sprite(ImageManager.loadTitle1($dataSystem.title1Name));
this._backSprite2 = new Sprite(ImageManager.loadTitle2($dataSystem.title2Name));
this.addChild(this._backSprite1);
this.addChild(this._backSprite2);
};

You would need to make a script that runs essentially "If $datasystem.variables = X then $dataSystem.title1Name = whatever"

MOAR EDITS!:

Code:
if ($datasystem.variables === whateverID here ) {
  var exImage = file name
  $dataSystem.title1Name = exImage
}

Last edited by a moderator:

soulcutter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Oh wow glad to see others burn the midnight oil like myself. Thank you very much. You gave me the coding even before I asked the followup question of how. Once I learn more javascripting I'll keep yours as a reference. Thank you again.

Baerthe

Design Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@soulcutter
I suggest if you do not know much Js, grab (I think it is) Hime's pre-title map plugin. have it run an event that checks what the variable related to progress in game then have it use the code below to change the image. then have the event go to the title.  You can also use this to run other stuff, like a cool intro or cutscene! :D If you need any more help, feel free to PM me.

Code:
 var exImage = file name
  $dataSystem.title1Name = exImage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

10/24 done :3 Maybe I can finish 11 and 12 this weekend^^
Been updating my game's control scheme to optionally use a mouse. Now the player pixel moves towards the mouse destination, which looks super sweet with the sparkles. Also turns out I made a Mouse Common Event plugin at some point... Thanks past me. :LZSexcite: Now the mouse wheel cycles different forms, and the right mouse button activates that form's special. :LZScool:
Oh man the controls in Mario Sunshine are pretty awful and I haven't even witnessed the controls without FLUDD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MxMachine