[MV] Title Screen Request

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by GriffintheD, Jan 20, 2019.

?

[insert question here]

1. lol u suk

100.0%
  2. cool I guess

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GriffintheD

GriffintheD [instert custom title here] Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm making a game called Skyborne, where you go through portals to other worlds to kill a dragon that's ripping apart worlds. If at all possible, I'd love for a title screen picture where there's the title (duh) and in the background I'd love something that's like a bunch of different worlds mixed together, like a desert that transitions into a forest that transitions into a snowy taiga that transitions into etc. I'm not exactly sure what the font should be, but I do know it'd kind of cool if the O in "Skyborne" looked like a portal, that'd be a neat little detail, right?

Anyways, it's probably a dumb idea but whatevs!
    Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @GriffintheD Sorry, but multiple requests only cause confusion, and with a title like that, how will the people who have the particular skills know that it might be for them? Will composers think that this is for multiple sprites (highly likely). Menus and text will require plugins, and plugin writers rarely, if ever, look here for requests.

Please, therefore, edit your post as follows.
    1] change your title to reflect one, and only one, type of request e.g. music. You might also care to look through the Workshops section in General Resources, as there are several people who offer to make free music, and you can check out their style and make a request in their thread. They are then sure to see it.
    2] Make a separate thread for your title screen request, which needs more detail. Say a bit more about the game's genre e.g. sci-fi, steam punk, fantasy. What type of font style do you want? Do you have any ideas about logo style? Preferred colour scheme? etc. etc. The more detail you can give, the more likely it is that you will end up with a screen you like.
    3] Post a separate thread in Plugin Requests for your menus and fonts. Mockups are virtually essential, and once people can see those, they can tell you if any of the many already existing plugins can do what you want.

3. GriffintheD

GriffintheD [instert custom title here] Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alrighty, sorry about that! I'll make the changes right now

4. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you don't have a poll that has to do anything with the thread, don't put it in there next time. It's a waste of time to ask whether it's cool or u suk.

Finnuval and samkfj like this.
  5. OmnislashXX

OmnislashXX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And last but not least, consider changing your game's title. There is already a game on Steam called Skyborne that is still highly popular.

6. SimProse

SimProse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You know the old saying "If you have to ask...", it's probably true.