MV to iOS with VX content

White Flare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've seen plugins for converting VX assets to MV and was curious how this applies to publishing your game on iOS or any of the other platforms MV can export to.

I was under the impression that VX assets were only allowed to be published on a Windows platform (found in many forums by googling) so if they were converted to MV then published on any other platform would we potentially be at risk of copyright infringement for using those assets? Or now that they as a company officially support the other platforms is it ok as long as you own a license for both VX and MV?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, the EULA always stated that any RPG-Maker resources can be used in any RPG Maker as long as you own both the maker the licence is from and the maker that is used for publication. So you can use VX or VXA RTP in MV no matter where you deploy to as long as you own those makers.

However, that only applies to RTP and free resources - in the case of shop resources, those have the additional restriction of only being usable if the game uses encryption. That means you cannot deploy to Web at all if you're using those resources, and you can deploy from MV to other platforms (including Windows) only if you're using an external encryption program.

White Flare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the response. Pretty new to the whole process so a few quick questions for clarification.

What is RTP?

What counts as shop resources? Does that include things labeled DLC like "RPG Maker: The Adventurer's Journey DLC"

wintyrbarnes

Jack of a Few Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RTP = Run Time Package. It's the default resources that come with the maker that are also copied into your project when you make a new one. DLC counts as shop resources, as far as I'm aware, even if it's not listed in the RMW store. There's possibly a EULA with your DLC content, check if there's a text file or Word document in the folders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnuRavi