Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not really asking about/for a specific tool, just a general question.

After I've seen what some resources would/could offer, whether free or classifieds (or plugins even), some tools seemed like they have some use regardless. So, are MV Tools worth purchase? What can it do/make while some resources cannot?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what tools?

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The ones in the MV Products. There is a section called tools.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Most of what those tools can do afaik can be achieved using other programs you might be using already or some other techniques, its just that they are more specialized in working with RM.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, not worth buying then?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Depends on you, really. Like if you're already using and proficient in an image editing program, then tools that allow you to modify tileset or make new characters might not be worth it. Else, these tools will make your life easier and workflow faster

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see.

I don't know why I never paid attention to these tools till now when all I've seen was a bad review on SAKAN only. I have my eyes on GENE out of all the tools. Well, I do have Galv's bust graphics, but they're not that flexible like how GENE shows in its details page. I am guessing that this is what miss Echo607 used in her game's remake for the cutscenes?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Since we're talking about tools sold on the site, I've moved this to Kadokawa Resource Packs.

I've only used MADO so far. It's a nice tool if you're not that graphically inclined and/or just want something done quick.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cedr777
ppffhh

@slimmmeiske2
- Sorry about that.
- Not that I wanted something done quick. But, constructively, well-made would be enough.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE LONG WALKS IN THE IN THE SHADOWS AND THE SMELL OF DECAY. SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL. REMEMBER TO TREAT HIM GOOD ON THE FIRST DATE!
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nico_2525_2