Nohmaan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There are visual issues with the generator parts using in MZ-- they don't seem to have been actually udpated and are just copied from MV (which I already have if I wanted incompatible parts...)

misalign.png
Here the feet are mismatched.

misalign2.png
Down sprites do not work.

misalign3.png
Arms where arms aren't supposed to be.

What's the deal with the broken content? It was an expensive resource pack.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'Tis not broken, it's meant to be used with the MV generator. You can replace the MZ generator parts with the old MV variants if you like.

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, The Stranger has right. It is written in the description for this DLC (on steam and on degica shop too): You can use these assets by switching with MZ's default assets. So backup your MZ generator parts and import MV parts.

Last edited:

Nohmaan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just swap out the body base

I can certainly do that, but at that point I should just use MV (which I own 3 copies from purchasing on the store, included in some HumbleBundle pack, and the MZ preorder bonus) to generate the character rather than swap them in and out. But the parts can't be used with the sideview, faces, or down character sets which means they can't be combined with the new pieces from MZ or any additional DLC for MZ that uses the new default base images.

In addition to that, if you use the assets to create an MV face set it will not fit with any images created in MZ because the head sizes are different. If it were just different poses for the old clothing items and that was the only issue, that isn't so bad. In fact, it might add a little variety to the characters as about 1/2 I want with MZ clothing and 1/2 with MV.

So its not compatible, because you have to choose to use it instead of MZ rather than in addition to MZ for these reasons.

The additional assets (such as the music and tilesets that aren't default MV) are nice, though my primary justification in the price is that these assets were prepared for MZ specifically rather than bundled together and just dumped as is.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just swap out the body base
This is a stupid argument because if anyone who purchases MZ and this DLC without owning MV. Then they are **** outta luck. Instead of just reselling MV assets labeled as MZ. It should be updated or something. Seems kinda wrong to just leave it as is. Also, buyers shouldn't have to do some hula-hoop jumping methods just to get the desired effect out of a product.

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Again you dont need to own MV to use these. You swap the generator folders.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The store page for this pack tells you the generator parts are different than the ones in MZ:

Generator: 40 Female parts / 39 Male parts / 19 Kids parts (You can use these assets by switching with MZ's default assets)

Nohmaan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Again you dont need to own MV to use these. You swap the generator folders.
And again, the character sprites are doable but if you want to use the face sets they won't match the MZ style as the head sizes are different and it's easily noticed. And it can't be mixed with other MZ assets without doing photoshopping.

If you own MV, the majority of this pack you already own-- it wasn't clear that the generator assets don't match the body styles.

The store page for this pack tells you the generator parts are different than the ones in MZ:
It's not abundantly clear what that means, for example is it just a filename collision? And, I realize some may have more experience in the generator folder but I personally haven't altered the program's directory intentionally before was not familiar with how the generator parts are stored.

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nohmaan Unfortunately, as mentioned earlier, everything from the Trinity for the generator is in the MV style and is not primarily intended for mixing things with the MZ style. Of course, this also applies to face sets.

It's not abundantly clear what that means, for example is it just a filename collision?

I use everything from MV in the MZ generator and I had no problem with things from Trinity, everything is named differently so that there is no collision and overwriting another file.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.
Dear developers, exp gain scaling (reduced gain when you are over-leveled) suck. Please don't do it. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skycloudrain