MV versus MZ Sprites - Any Differences?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can we transfer MV spritesheets to use in MZ without making edits? Do we have to shift walking sprites or adjust their sizes?

Also, are there any differences for the battler sheets that should be observed? Do we need to make edits to transfer those, as well as battler weapons?

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know, everything is the same size. However, the generators use different sprites, so generator parts won't transfer without heavy editing.
But if you make a character in MV it will work fine transferred to MZ.
I haven't tested the weapons, so no idea there.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
There's no size difference between them, but there's a few other artistic differences between: different type of eyes, different way of shading hair, MV uses a black outline - MZ does not. Best example I can give is Avery's MZ Harold sprite.

So you can totally use MV sprites in MZ, but artists are likely to notice if you mix the two styles together.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heretoga