Woratana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone,

I just finished creating this 3 minute tutorial video, which took me about 4 hours to create the video and upload it.

This is my first video tutorial. I tried to create video that is easy to follow, clear, and quick enough that it doesn't take you guys much time away from creating your awesome games :D

Please comment if you like it or not. And which way should I improve this video. I'm quite new on creating video tutorial, so you guys comments will help me a lot :D

-----------------------------------

By the way, feel free to visit my blog. There is also an text version of this video :)

http://www.rpgmaker-mv.com/tutorial-plugin-enemybook/

Have a nice day,

Woratana

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow, four hours spent just to make my life easier. :) I appreciate it, lots. I didn't quite understand how the EnemyBook worked and had given up on it. Thanks :)

Woratana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Wow, four hours spent just to make my life easier. :) I appreciate it, lots. I didn't quite understand how the EnemyBook worked and had given up on it. Thanks :)
Thank you ! :D I'm glad it is helpful. Thought no one gonna watch it lol

Bahamuth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Nice tutorial, it'd be great if i had found it when i was trying to make the plugin work lol

Did you try to call the plugin command through an item? Like, when you use x item the bestiary shows up

PS: nice tech for the video, showing in-game and only after all showing by the maker is a cool way to draw attention ^^

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this tutorial, I didn't plan to use this because it confused myself and thought it was something more complex. Glad it's not.

On a sidenote, does anyone know for sure what kind of terms of use this plugin have? The help section is blank if memory serves me right.
Since it came with the RPG maker MV launch plugins i would assume it is free to use in commercial games as well, if you credit "Yoji Ojima". But I would like a second, third and maybe forth or fifth opinion on this. Even better if someone can show be any official statements regarding this issue. ;)

Woratana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Nice tutorial, it'd be great if i had found it when i was trying to make the plugin work lol

Did you try to call the plugin command through an item? Like, when you use x item the bestiary shows up

PS: nice tech for the video, showing in-game and only after all showing by the maker is a cool way to draw attention ^^
Thank you Bahamuth ! :D

For the item, you can easily set the item to call common event and then use common event to open monster book.

Thank you for this tutorial, I didn't plan to use this because it confused myself and thought it was something more complex. Glad it's not.

On a sidenote, does anyone know for sure what kind of terms of use this plugin have? The help section is blank if memory serves me right.

Since it came with the RPG maker MV launch plugins i would assume it is free to use in commercial games as well, if you credit "Yoji Ojima". But I would like a second, third and maybe forth or fifth opinion on this. Even better if someone can show be any official statements regarding this issue. ;)
I am pretty sure it is allowed for commercial game. By the way, Yoji Ojima is MV lead developer :D

Meh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Meep
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well looks like a lot of us have and needed it lol.

Thanks man, great tutorial and great help.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Woratana

Well yes. I would think so too. I would say it is probably 99.99% safe (gut feeling) but, if you'r thinking about a commercial release you want to be 100% ;)

catclaw888

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As a random question, is there a way to set it to where, say you have the book complete you gain an item? 

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That was simple :D

Preheatedbug

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Couldn't you set up a variable or switch to give the item to the person upon completion or would this interfere with the plugin?

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've seen a lot of enemy book tutorials/scripts, but this is one of the best.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited:

about7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I am getting a 404 error.

Am very interested. Please re-upload if you have time. Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2021? I still wonder if people still doing MV than MZ more
Seeing a lot more active Ace topics recently, is it making a comeback? :o
0-7, left-to-right, top-to-bottom
As soon as I'm able to get out of bed I'm probably gonna go so hyper from being too cooped up, and burn myself out into another awful flare. lol
It makes me feel proud whenever an RM game does well. Even though I had nothing to do with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krunga