Oliin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

SE Games Video Tutorials for RPG Maker MV

Hello all, Oliin here. I'm working on a series of RPG Maker MV video tutorials for the beginner who's trying to do just a little bit more with the engine. It's a series in progress and I'll be updating this post as I create more.

Most Recent Ep:

How to Variable - Videos showing you how to get more use out of your variables in MV including things like text variables and a brief introduction to some simple scripting.

I apologize for the audio problems in the second video. My microphone was giving me a ton of problems that day for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice tutorial! I completely forgot that you can store text in variables. This will be so useful BD

Oliin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice tutorial! I completely forgot that you can store text in variables. This will be so useful BD
Yeah, string variables are fantastic for adding easy little bits of uniqueness to a playthrough. Anyway I'm glad you found the video helpful.

Oliin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added an in-game actor creation tutorial. I know there are several of those out there, but I think I have a fairly simple implementation. Given it's a problem that's incredibly easy to over-complicate I hope someone finds it helpful.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great tutorial :D

As a programmer I tend to use jump to label function (so glad it exists in Rpg maker) so I won't have to run multiple lines lolz 

Very helpful and quite streamlined 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.
Please pop up a storm. Please pop up a storm.
So I tried composing a battle theme for the Linear Motion Battle System that I'm probably going to implement into my game. I really love real time combat, and I think that this theme might help give some energy to battles. Tell me what you think of it in the comments! Also, please do not use my music in your games.
My LMBS battle theme
* Me start speak in voice chat
"Lol, you're actually a girl?!"
(But I'm a guy tho... well, let's just pretend and see how long it will last)
* Years has passed... I have changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mindstream